4/20/2005 - AWRNOLD...speaks...."Mr. BUSH...close down this border"....NOT.....apologizes...it's his BAD ENGLISH....

  • Al Soto
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2005
      Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 08:12:03 -0700 (PDT)
         From: "Ernest M. Saenz" <zdproductions@...>
      Subject: Arnold, you're a Leva

      Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger apologizes for border comment

      By Tom Chorneau
      ASSOCIATED PRESS
      3:06 p.m. April 20, 2005

      Associated Press
      Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger told reporters he was sorry about his
      comments, made Tuesday, that the United States should "close" its borders,
      during a news conference held in Sacramento Wednesday.
      SACRAMENTO � Blaming his faulty English, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on
      Wednesday said he misspoke when he suggested that California's border
      with Mexico should be closed to help solve the nation's illegal
      immigration problem.
      Schwarzenegger made the remark while speaking to newspaper editors and
      publishers Tuesday. He said he intended to say the border should be
      secured.
      "Yesterday was a total screw-up in the words I used," the Republican
      said at a news conference. "Because instead of closing, I meant securing.
      I think maybe my English, I need to go back to school and study a
      little bit."
      The contrition seemed to quell the issue at the Capitol. Hispanic
      lawmakers � many of whom are also rival Democrats � said they accepted his
      apology.
      "I don't think the governor identifies himself with that kind of
      rhetoric," said Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez, a Democrat. "I don't know why
      he said it, but I'm very pleased he has totally removed himself from
      those folks who espouse that kind of hatred."
      Nunez's office, however, pointed out that Schwarzenegger said something
      very similar in a 2003 interview with Fox TV host Bill O'Reilly.

      The government and the NEWS should reflect, not determine, the desires of the people.The news is to be reported not to sway opinion. Stop the melodrama and constant trivia on news time. The founding fathers knew that government is always corrupt, that is why they gave us civil liberties.  The people must lead to survive corrupt governments. Read the constitution. (In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this includes information for research and educational purposes.)  Al Soto (c) 2005

      http://mail.yahoo.com