Fwd: Who's the immigrant, Pilgrim?

  • Henry F. Ramey, Jr.
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2005
      --- In discussinlandpeace@yahoogroups.com, "lasha" <Lasha@r...>
      wrote:
      6 REASONS TO OPPOSE MINUTEMEN'S & ALL RACIST SCAPEGOATING OF
      UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS:

      a) Who's the Real Immigrant? Indigenous people of Aztlan--including
      Mexico and US., have always inhabited this land, the REAL immigrants
      are the Europeans.

      b) US in Violation of Treaty The U.S. signed a treaty upon capturing
      bordering states from Mexico that PROMISES the borders will remain
      OPEN to Mexican citizens. WHO'S ILLEGAL NOW???

      c) The U.S. Economy is DEPENDENT upon [slave] labor from
      undocumented workers. Undocumented workers are not STEALING any job
      from the White man. They are working for far below min. wage,
      subhuman working standards, and many other violations that would not
      apply were they protected by US citizenship. The US was FOUNDED UPON
      SLAVERY, and continues to be dependent. It has simply undergone
      some "cosmetic surgery" so it no longer has such an obvious
      APPEARANCE of slavery: brown skinned, spanish / indigenous spkg,
      disempowered humans forced to work in subhuman conditions in order
      to survive.

      d) NAFTA / FREE TRADE / WTO is *DESTROYING* Mexico and the hope of
      indigenous / Mexican / Central Americans to sustain themselves on
      their own land as they have for centuries by buying out every local
      form of sustainability and land, patenting their recipes and crops,
      etc. MANY families and workers are LEAVING BEHIND their families and
      homes in desperate search for work to continue to support their
      families due to the damage the THE UNITED STATES has brought to
      their country and economy.
      NAFTA / NORTH AMERICAN FREE TRADE AGREEMENT == everything "they"
      [Mexico & beyond] have is OURS [U.S.] for FREE!!

      e) Oppose All Racist scapegoating. This kind of racist scapegoating
      is historically repeated time and again, each time with revisions to
      who they're picking on. People, and government's, need groups of
      people to blame their problems on when there are declines in
      economy, shortage of jobs, etc. Hitler's persecution of the Jews
      rings HAUNTINGLY similar to that of the Minutemen, as well as all
      other anti-Mexican / anti-immigrant conservative.

      f) US Imperialism in Latin America has made the US the rich country
      that it is. The wealth of the United States HAS BEEN BUILT upon the
      US INTERVENTION in Latin America that has enabled to supply OUR
      COUNTRY with THEIR RESOURCES. The US would not be the superpower
      today without its "excellent" skills of IMPERIALISM.

      (Sh*t. Take a f*cking history class.)

      WE MUST NOT SIT IN WHATEVER PRIVILEGE WE HAVE SILENTLY while this
      war escalates towards the true LEGAL residents of this land.

      Hold protests! Block Traffic w/signs! Candlelight vigils! Graffiti
      against the system! Public Forums!

      TAKE ACTION NOW.

      *BEWARE OF IGNORANT LINES given by those who profit from raping the
      Americas and beyond.

      a popular bumper sticker / t-shirt slogan from Northern Sun reads:
      "I just haven't been the same since that house fell on my sister"

      here's a twist on that same slogan: "I haven't been the same since
      my 6-month old child died from polluted drinking water that US
      corporations left in our water supply"

      or, "I dunno know, but, I think I'm having a harder time feeding my
      family since the US via NAFTA took one of Mexico's biggest crop
      (Maiz / Corn) and made it into their biggest IMPORT into Mexico.
      Now, I can't seem to sell my corn for even the cost it takes to grow
      it."

      or, "I haven't quite felt the same since they built a Wal-Mart
      Supercenter in the center of My Peoples' Cultural Heritage--at
      Teohtihuacan".

      Service.

      --- End forwarded message ---