STARC's Education Not Globalization packet

  • Kravitz4me@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2001
      STARC's Education Not Globalization packet is just
      being completed today.  Thank you to everyone who
      helped.

      Please forward the following announcement to your
      networks and order one yourself!

      To order an Education Not Globalization FTAA Packet
      send your name, school/organization, phone, address,
      and e-mail to educatenotglobalize@...

         It is the year 2035 you are a high school student at
      Amerincorporated Public High School #734745. You walk
      in the doors of  the school and take a deep breathe of
      the more easily breathable filtered air. As the
      warning bell rings you hurry to class pushing by other
      students in their different uniforms.  White Shirts
      and ties and white  blouses for Track 1 students and
      maroon polo's for Track 2 students.  Mostly you see a
      sea of maroon speckled with white, this being a public
      high school. You stop at one of the many advertising
      screens in the hallway and notice the commercial:  A
      beautiful lady with a sparkling white Colgate smile
      holds up the latest fresh water substitute beverage,
      "And for those of you who remember what real fresh
      water tasted like you'll swear it's the real thing!
      Ahqua from DisneyPepsiSoft", she says flashing again
      her gleaming smile.  You notice as you continue down
      the hall said beverage is already fully stocked in one
      of the vending machines. A voice then comes over the
      intercom announcing 5 minutes until class and that
      there will be a morning assembly for all Track 2
      students about the re-evaluation test.  This is
      followed by a quick advertisement from Nike.  As a
      Track 2 student your self you worry about the test.
      This test determines if you continue to be Track 2B or
      move on to Track 2A which will determine in which
      company you are placed after high school.  Or in worst
      case if you fail the test, you will be sent directly
      to work in a factory or for the State.  You walk into
      the auditorium and sit down and like you a majority of
      the Track 2 students are people of color.  You again
      worry about the test not just for you this time,
      you're afraid for everyone's future.

      "Unless we change our direction, we will end up where
      we are headed".
                               -Chinese proverb

      To order a STARC "Education Not Globalization" packet
      to defeat the FTAA and build a new society: e-mail
      your name, address and phone number to
      educatenotglobalize@...

      Also, all are welcome to come to conference calls,
      every Sunday from 3-4:30PM Pacific, 6-7:30PM EST dial
      530.642.5373

      More info on STARC's project cluster available at
      www.corpreform.org

      What's the word about STARC's Education Not
      Globalization packet?

      Tiger Woods- "Nike told me not to like this packet."

      The FBI- "If you get this packet we will know, just
      like we know you are reading this email right now."

      John F. Kennedy- "Ask not what you can do for this
      packet, but what this packet can do for you."

      Abbie Hoffman- "Steal this packet!"

      Rev. Jerry Falwell- "This packet is sinful, homosexual
      and undermining to family values."

      Janet Reno- "If you get this packet I will storm into
      your house and take it."

      Britney Spears- "Duh?"

      Bill Clinton- "I wouldn't give the writers of this
      packet a pardon."

      Bob Dylan- "Wudwa...(well, we're not sure what he said
      but we think he likes it)."

      George W. Bush- "Globalization got me where I am
      today, and education ain't never done me much good,
      besides I don't think my Daddy would like it."

      George Bush- "Read my lips don't get this packet."

      Mcarthy- "This packet is communist!"

      The people of Florida- "40% liked, 40% hated it, and
      20% pushed the wrong button, we'll get back to you in
      a few months after we do a recount."

      The Back Street Boys, 98%, and NSYNC- "We don't think
      it will appeal to 12 year old girls so we are against
      it."

      Ross Perot- "Will y'all listen to me for second, this
      packet is just no good. Can I finish? CAN  I  FINISH!
      I spent 4 million dollars on research on this and I
      have a graph here that shows exactly...."

      Cypress Hill- "and best of all after you read it you
      can use it to roll up a fattie."

      To order a STARC "Education Not Globalization" packet
      to defeat the FTAA and build a new society: e-mail
      your name, address and phone number to
      educatenotglobalize@...

      Also, all are welcome to come to conference calls,
      every Sunday from 3-4:30PM Pacific, 6-7:30PM EST dial
      530.642.5373

      More info on STARC's project cluster available at
      www.corpreform.org

      CALL To Action!
      Mexico-US Border Mass Mobilization
      LIBERATE THE BORDER,