3/22/2005 - Mexican consumers boost our economy

  • Al Soto
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2005
      El Paso Times
      3/22/2005 page 5b
      Opinion
      Letters
      "Mexican consumers boost our economy"

      I suggest that Mr. Vaugh read a book written by UTEP professor Dennis Soden titled, "Digame! Policy and Politics on the Texas Border."

      Mexican sonsumers add more than $1 Billion a year to our economy.   Many of the new national chain retailers and restaurants wouldn't be here if it were not for the boost provided by the Mexican consumer.

      Please inform yourself before making such disparaging remarks toward an entire nationa.  Mr. Vauhn is hurling ad hoc accusations without fully investigating the entire economic picture.
      David Macias
      west El Paso, TEXAS

      To visit "Sunsetting the Patriot Act": go to

      To subscribe: go to

      Subscribe to SunsetThePatriotAct