RE: [Border01] 3/1/2005 - Mara Salvatruchas (Central American Gangsters) to take on the (Arizona) Minutemen vigilantes

  • Al Soto
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2005
      Don,
      Don't hate the messenger...I think it is relevant news...

      I know nothing about Homies Unidos...and that are under attack....you might want to find some methods to counter the attack, please review any ANTI-McCarthy tactics available to you.

      This is not meant to be anti or pro anything...it is just an assessment of the situation as of today.

      That you reacted is good.  that you will deal with border01 is also good.

      Al Soto

      Don White <donwhite4justice@...> wrote:

      ~~~~ At a time when the Bush administration is seriously trying to link international terrorism to the Salvadoran youth community here... particularly Homies Unidos... this sensational "news reporting" plays right into their hands.  Homies Unidos and other groups working with MS are under serious attack and the wording of this "news story" inflames the situation badly.  I have just met with Homies Unidos and then immediately saw this post... possibly I over-reacted and maybe there is a place for this post on other--- possibly anti-immigrant-- lists... but NOT on a listserve founded to defend the immigrant community...  my message was not accepted by any of the listserves... but I will be dealing with Border01 to see if this can be prevented from happening again...the consequences to the Salvadoran youth community is just too dangerous... d.w.~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      >From: Al Soto <atlatlal@...> >To: Don White <donwhite4justice@...> >Subject: RE: [Border01] 3/1/2005 - Mara Salvatruchas (Central American Gangsters) to take on the (Arizona) Minutemen vigilantes >Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 09:37:04 -0800 (PST)

      > >Don,
      > >I am not a neo-fascist, ultra ring-wing...and I believe in providing news...not swaying public opinion.
      > >This post by me is meant as NEWS...
      > >I fully beleive in social justice, and being pro-immigrant...but we must look at all sides to make good decisions.
      > >I am not a loyalists, or a group thinker...as exampled by much of the Bush administration ...please try not to be one yourself...accept out of the mainstream NEWS...as that.
      > >Could a better decision about justice and peace or whether to be pro immigrant be made without this NEWS.

      This NEWS is just a reflection of reality...not meant to sway opinions.