Updated: Honor Puerto Rican Women

  • ProLibertad Campaign
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2005
      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign
      ProLibertad@...
      http://www.ProLibertadWeb.com
      Bronx 718-601-4751
      Manhattan 212-927-9065
      New Jersey 201-435-3244

      SAVE THE DATE, SAVE THE DATE, SAVE THE DATE !!

      Friday March 18, 2005 6:30pm at St. Mary�s Church 521 w126th St.
      (Btwn. Broadway and Amsterdam Ave.)
      Take the 1 or 9 train to W125th St. and Broadway

      Donation: $10 (no one will be turned away)

      Food and Alcohol will be sold!! There will also be a raffle of Latin
      American Artisan work made by women or donated by women for $2 a ticket.

      Join The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign for a PARTY AND CELEBRATION dedicated
      to the revolutionary Puerto Rican women that have fought for the freedom and
      liberation of Puerto Rico and the Puerto Rican Political Prisoners!!

      Join us as we honor the women that have been at the heart of the struggle
      for Puerto Rican Independence, our Madres de la Patria/Mothers of the
      Nation; women like Marianna Bracetti, Lolita Lebron, Isabel Rosado, Lola
      Rodriguez De Tio, Adelfa Vera, Rosa Escobar, Dylcia Pagan, Carmen Valentin,
      Ida Luz Rodriguez, Alicia Rodriguez, Carmen Jimenez De Cancel Miranda, and
      many many more!!

      This International Working Women�s Day and Women�s History Month event is
      dedicated to Puerto Rican Political Prisoner Haydee Beltran Torres, who has
      spent 25 years of her life in jail for fighting for the independence of
      Puerto Rico!!

      Come out and Support ProLibertad, Come out and honor our Madres de La
      Patria/Mothers of the Nation, and help us FREE HAYDEE BELTRAN AND ALL THE
      PUERTO RICAN POLITICAL PRISONERS!!

      Program:

      DANCING, DELICIOUS PUERTO RICAN FOOD, AND...

      DJ Carlito and his All Latino Music Mix, who will be playing all the
      fantastic Salsa, and Merengue you can dance to all night!!

      Yaya, Yaya is a women's collective dedicated to preserving and promoting the
      rich, cultural legacies and Africa-based musical traditions of Puerto Rico
      and the Dominican Republic.

      Rosie Mendez, Future City Council Woman

      Alina Serrano, Poetry
      Tanya Torres, Poetry