2/1 HOT 97 Updates: Del Gado Fired, Lynn Fired, Station Will Donates $1 Million!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2005

      Feb 1 Updates: HOT 97's Del Gado Fired, Lynn Fired, Emmis Donates $1 Million!
      National Immigrant Solidarity Network

      In first steps of our victory, Emmis faxed a press release to AMWD - it says that they are firing Rick Del Gado and Todd Lynn, and donating $1 million to Give2Asia for Tsunami relief.

      Miss Jones, DJ Envy and Tasha Hightower are getting two-week suspensions. Miss Info has not been suspended.

      Read the HOT 97 press release Fax to Asian Media Watchdog

      The newspaper stories: HOT 97 'Tsunami Song' fallout: 3 suspended, 2 fired For two, tsunami joke is a swan song

      However, we believe it's still not enough. In addition to firing the scapegoats, Miss Jones should be fired too! Insiders are saying that it's so apparent that Emmis and Hot 97 are more concerned with getting Miss Jones back on the air for the all important February ratings sweeps period (and for Black History Month)! As NYC Council Member Liu says, "Emmis Communications $1 Million Offer is Too Little, Too Late"

      Our Struggle is not over yet, please keep the pressure continue by:

      Please Sign Our Petition Letter to Protest HOT 97!
      (Although Miss Jones has been suspended, many issues and demands are still not resolved, we are still collecting the signatures and to present to the station at early February)

      Please Read Our Latest Updates!

      Emergency Donations to Asia Quake Victims

      ActionLA/SEE
      1013 Mission St. #6
      South Pasadena CA 91030
      (All donations are tax deductible)