Important updates re: endorsements

  • Randall Childs
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2001
      Hi everybody!

      This message is primarily for the Los Angeles Stop the FTAA group.

      Three quick, important updates.

      1. We now have a mailing address!

      Border Action Project
      6709 La Tijera Blvd #326
      Los Angeles, CA 90045

      I will be able to pick up mail most days each week. Now that the drafting of the endorsement letter is almost done, I can take this on as a regular task. I can pick up mail, keep records of correspondence and donations, and pass everything on to the appropriate committees. Contact me if you have any questions.

      2. I need to know if the San Diego Central Labor Federation did, in fact, endorse at their meeting Wednesday. If I cannot get confirmation of this, I cannot include them on the endorsers' list on the endorsement letter. If I do not get that information by tomorrow (Saturday), then I cannot include the Labor Federation on the letter. It would obviously be very valuable to be able to list this large labor organization as a sponsor! Someone please tell me what's going on!

      3. Since I have everybody's attention, I might as well remind you of the very important Outreach committee meeting in Los Angeles! We need all the people we can get, because the amount of outreach we can do is limited only by our numbers. Also, we will be stuffing envelopes with our all-important endorsement letters! Please come and bring a friend!

      7 pm Monday 5 March at Cafe Luna Sol
      (6th and Carondelet just Northwest of MacArthur Park)

      Randy Childs