Border Liberation New Mexico Style

  • janssen
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2001
      Hola a todos-

      How inspiring it has been to hear about how involved and active California
      is!
      We too are planning to peacefully protest on our local border at the point
      of entry, Columbus, New Mexico on April 21 & 22. The possibility of so
      much solidarity is very exciting & irresistable!!!!!!!!
      We have the action posted on several local lists, have done an extensive
      mailing and word of mouth is going well.
      In preparation for the day(s) of ACTION we are holding a silk screening
      workshop to produce some paraphenalia for the days leading up to the action
      and to have at the action, we'll do bumperstickers and T-shirts.
      We'll also be holding a screening of "Border Crossings" and a teach-in
      about the FTAA and the consequences and nasty connections behind
      neo-liberal policy in general. We are also holding an ACTION Preparation
      Day for locals interested in traveling with us to the border, it is about a
      6 hour drive from Albuquerque.

      That is our piece!!!
      Two questions for the list and the california people:
      What does everyone plan on doing exactly at the border on those days? like
      activities, food, etc?
      What, if anything, is happening in regards to national media? It would be
      good if this action were noticed/recorded as a huge day of international
      solidarity resisting globalization and its consequences.