RE: Re: [Border01] The People's Summit on Globalization

  • Chris Ford
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2001
      I am not one of the summit organizers, I was just passing on
      the information. I'm sure the organizers would be open to any
      suggestions you might have. They can be reached at:

      The Coalition for Economic Justice
      phone (303)492-5024
      fax (303)735-2315
      web http://powerful.as/people

      All the best-

      Chris

      Chris Ford
      Southwest Alliance to Resist Militarization (SWARM)
      PO Box 384 Tucson, AZ 85702
      (520) 218-5541 cford@...
      www.resistmilitarization.org

      People's
      >> Summit on Globalization" (see http://powerful.as/people).
      This
      >> conference will educate, empower and unite people striving
      for global
      >> justice in the face of corporate globalization, March 8-11,
      2001
      >> in Boulder, Colorado.
      >>
      >> More than just a "conference" in the traditional sense, we
      will train,
      >> plan and network together in order to take advantage of this
      opportunity
      >> to organize for future education and actions.
      >>
      >> Some of the keynote speakers include Dr. Vandana Shiva, Amy
      Goodman of
      >> Democracy Now!, Kevin Danaher of Global Exchange, and other
      leaders
      >> and workers in the struggle for justice.
      >>
      >> All participants are invited free of charge. We do, however,
      >> ask the following:
      >>
      >> 1) For free food and access to housing, please register early
      >> by going to http://powerful.as/people.
      >>
      >> 2) Please pass this email along to your email lists and spread
      >> the word to other interested groups.
      >>
      >> 3) Please visit our website periodically for updates and any
      >> changes concerning the Summit. http://powerful.as/people.
      Phone: