Nov 5-7 National Asian American Students Conference (NAASCon) USC, Los Angeles!

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2004
      Nov 5-7 National Asian American Students Conference (NAASCon) University of
      Southern California, Los Angeles!

      NAASCon 2K4 - Returning to Our Roots:
      The Past, Present, and Future of the APA Student Community
      Register NOW: http://usc2004.naascon.org
      Enough talk.
      Time for action.

      Workshop Highlights Include:
      * Asian, American, & Angry (It's Okay To Be All Three): Find out about
      web-based activism from the man behind _angryasianman.com_
      (http://angryasianman.com/)
      * Activism and Art: How Does It All Fit Together?
      * The Hypocritical APA Activist: What Do We Really Want? Short-term
      vs. long-term goals and how we get there
      * Getting Into "Details": Political and Personal Intersections of GLBT
      and APA Communities
      * The Personal and the Political: Lobbying and Policy to Address Hate
      Crimes
      * How Labor, Students and Activists Can Join Force to Fight for
      Social, Labor and Economic Justice for the Community

      ****REGISTER NOW**** usc2004.naascon.org****REGISTER NOW****
      Questions? Email uscnaascon@...

      NAASCon is a non-profit organization created and run by APA students across
      the nation. In the past few years, NAASCon has spearheaded national protests
      against Abercrombie & Fitch in 2002; collaborated with national and local
      organizations to advocate for Asian American Pacific Islander Serving
      Institution legislation; and worked with the 2004 National APA Student Voting Project
      to "Voice Your Vote." For more information about NAASCon, please go to:
      _www.naascon.org_ (http://www.naascon.org/) .

      webpage: _http://www.ImmigrantSolidarity.org_
      (http:www.ImmigrantSolidarity.org)

      Please Donate to National Immigrant Solidarity Network!
      Send check pay to:
      ActionLA/SEE
      1013 Mission St. #6
      South Pasadena CA 91030
      (All donations are tax deductible)

      *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail
      to: _isn-subscribe@..._ (mailto:isn-subscribe@...)

      *a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! listserv, go to webpage
      http://www.actionla.org/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi?f=list&l=isn