Column Left-Column Right - HispanicVista Weekly Digest

  • EditorialOpinion@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2004
      HispanicVista.com Weekly Digest
      http://www.hispanicvista.com/
      HispanicVista.com

      COLUMN LEFT - COLUMN RIGHT

      (Starting this week the debate takes a new course. Beto Segovia submitted his
      article to Pete Martinez for rebuttal in the same issue. Next week Martinez
      will submit his article for Segovia's rebuttal in the coming issue.)

      COLUMN LEFT
      Terrorism - The Muslim Perspective
      By Beto Segovia
      In last week's edition, on Column Right, the distinguished scholar, Pete
      Martinez, identifies terrorism as the overriding issue in the presidential
      election. He concludes the president George W. Bush is the better qualified candidate
      particularly since Senator John Kerry voiced his strong dissent to our
      involvement in the Vietnam war. Martinez implies that Kerry joined Jane Fonda in the
      propaganda support of the Vietcong and against our war effort, thereby
      betraying our fighting men. If Mr. Martinez is right in his conclusion, then
      two-thirds of our citizens are traitors, particularly students, academics,
      journalists and the intellectual community of our country who overwhelmingly were
      opposed to our involvement in Vietnam.

      COLUMN RIGHT
      Mr. Segovia - Clinton wanted to, Kerry supported it - but Bush did it.
      By Pete Martinez
      In this week's Column Left (Terrorims - The Muslim Perspective) former
      political science professor Beto Segovia correctly identifies that I claim the
      overriding issue in this year's presidential elections is - terrorism - the
      greatest threat to our nation since the fall of the Soviet Communist empire's attempt
      at world conquest. In my last week's column note was made that Senator Kerry
      is not fit to sit on the Oval Office due to his aiding and abetting the
      Vietcong on his return from duty in Vietnam. To this Mr. Segovia counters that if
      such is the case then two-thirds of our citizens are traitors as he suggests
      such numbers were overwhelmingly opposed to the Vietnam war.

      to this message with REMOVE on the Subject window.)

      Patrick Osio, Jr.
      Editor
      PosioJr@...