Re: [actionla] HIGHLY UNUSUAL FOR CISPES/A CHILD IN CRISIS!

  • CISPES-LA
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2004
      ~~~~ Thank you SOOoo much, Blase. Excellent idea!
      And, by the way, the training with ICUJP went
      perfectly and was fun and productive and the event
      went very smoothly... luv to you both, don~~~~~~

> [...]
      > and
      > > working in Las Vegas in an attempt to earn money
      > for
      > > the operation for the cinturon pelvico aparato. He
      > is
      > > under great stress as his work is now cut back and
      > his
      > > wife is sending negative reports on Alexander's
      > > condition. Carlos's adult daughter is also in Las
      > > Vegas at this time trying to earn money. Carlos
      > is
      > > well known to CISPES. He has been an activists
      > and
      > > supporter of the progressive forces in El Salvador
      > and
      > > served as an FMLN city council member in his town
      > of
      > > Santa Ana. Very principled person who has worked
      > as a
      > > teacher at very low wages in Santa Ana.
      > >
      > > Mother: Silvia Noemy [last name deleted]. She
      > works
      > > in the home and has been a care-giver to
      > Alexander.
      > > She takes him to the hospital often and
      > continuously
      > > seeks medical help for him. She is not the mother
      > of
      > > Carlos's adult daughter. The mother of the
      > daughter
      > > died many years ago.
      > >
      > > Doctor who signed the work-up on Alexander: Dr.
      > Jose
      > > R. Duenas Macal

      > > Alexander has had intensive medical attention
      > since
      > > birth and has had procedures to help him. As he
      > > approaches puberty he needs an operation in his
      > pelvic
      > > area which will allow for urination etc.
      > Apparently
      > > the nearly 12 years of using something similar to
      > > diapers has created infections and skin problems.
      > We
      > > don't have all of the details but the boy's mother
      > > called Carlos in Las Vegas with the following
      > > depressing report: the doctors do not think
      > Alexander
      > > can survive more than four or five months without
      > > procedure and there is some question now that it
      > can
      > > be done in El Salvador. What we need to do is
      > look
      > > for a medical institution which can guarantee
      > medical
      > > care and then arrange a visa for an emergency
      > medical
      > > situation.
      > > Any information anyone has would be deeply
      > > appreciated. Information can be left at
      > 323-660-4587
      > > as well. CISPES-LA

      > > =====
      > > CISPES
      > > Committee In Solidarity With The People of El
      > Salvador
      > > 8124 West 3rd Street L.A. Ca. 90048
      > > 323-852-0721
      > > Founded: 1980 - 23 Years of Solidarity

      > > Yahoo! Mail � Now with 25x more storage than

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      > > **"Report From Baghdad" CD-ROM**
      > >
      > > Pacifica Radio KPFK Los Angeles Reporter Lee Siu
      > Hin's July 2003 trip to U.S. occupied Iraq. An
      > interactive CD-ROM with articles, photos, audio and
      > video interviews includes: people of Iraq, U.S.
      > military, human rights workers, religious leaders
      > and more!
      > >
      > > Each CD costs: $15.00 plus $3.50 S/H (work both PC
      > and Mac)

      === message truncated ===

      =====

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail