Fasters Needed for Los Angeles DREAM Fast Vigil 9/13-25

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2004
      ActionLA and National Immigrant Solidarity Network had endorsed the fast and
      will provide faster for the DREAM Fast Vigil, we are encourage you to support
      as well!

      Lee Siu Hin
      ActionLA
      National Immigrant Solidarity Network

      Join the upcoming DREAM Vigil Fast

      September 13th - September 25th.
      (Location TBA)

      For two weeks, students will Fast in support of the DREAM Act legislation to
      stress it's urgency this year before the 108th Congressional Session ends.
      After campaigning for over two years, there has not been enough political
      pressure at a national and local level to see the DREAM Act finally make it out of
      the Senate this year. Our community and it's DREAM Team coalition has decided
      to take it to the next level of showing community support in coordinating a
      two-week Vigil Fast where students will be able to drinks fluids but not solid
      foods.

      Students will play a key role in this fasting since they will be in the front
      lines in the following events:
      Sept 13th, 2004: FAST Vigil Launch Press Conference
      Sept 14th, 2004: Cultural Arts Day
      Sept 15th, 2004: Teacher Supporter Day
      Sept 16th, 2004: General Supporter Day
      Sept 17th, 2004: Citizenship Day/Voter Registration
      Sept 18th, 2004: Parent Supporter Day
      Sept 19th, 2004: Mock Graduation Event
      Sept 20th, 2004: Interfaith Supporter Day
      Sept 21st, 2004: Labor Supporter Day
      Sept 22nd, 2004: Political Accountability Day
      Sept 23rd, 2004: March and Vigil Day
      Sept 24th, 2004: Skit and Puppet Activity
      Sept 25th, 2004: Cultural Show Closing
      Join this historic event as we give the DREAM Act Campaign it's last push for
      this year. TOGETHER, we can make thousands of students' dreams into Reality.
      Here is how you can help:
      Call Senator Bill Frist at 1-800-369-0315 and urge him that the Dream Act's
      passage is important to you and the thousands of undocumented students
      Join the group of students who will commit to Fasting for the entire two
      weeks.
      Join the hundreds of community members who will fast for a complete 24hours
      in solidarity will the 2-week Fasters.
      Volunteer at the event.
      Turnout and participant in special theme days that will highlight the diverse
      group of community support by increasing turnout of Parents, Interfaith,
      Labor, Teachers, and Student Groups.
      If affiliated with a group or organization, please fill out the Endorsement
      Form and fax it to (323) 937-3526 to have your group added to our Endorser List.

      For more information, or to get involved, please call us at (213) 201-4449 or
      email harroyo@...

      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      Horacio Arroyo
      CHIRLA Wise Up!
      Youth Peer Organizer
      2533 W. 3rd st, Suite 101
      Los Angeles CA 90057
      Tel: (213) 353-1333x239
      Dir: (213) 201-4449
      Fax: (213) 353-1344
      harroyo@...
      http://www.chirla.org/

      ActionLA
      Action for World Liberation Everyday!
      Tel: (213)403-0131
      e-mail: Info@...

      Please join our ActionLA Listserv

      *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:
      isn-subscribe@...

      *a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! listserv, go to webpage
      http://www.actionla.org/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi?f=list