Thank you for your participation at Aug 27 NYC Immigrant Workers Speak Out!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2004
      Thank you for your participation at Aug 27 NYC Immigrant Workers Speak Out!
      September 9, 2004

      Thank you for your participation on the historical August 27 New York City
      Immigrant Workers Speak Out! at St. Mark's Church, we had a very successful
      event, and great coverage from the media.

      We especially thanks to NICE, AAUP, Still We Rise, IAC, CLR, KWRU, CCR, FNB
      and many other organizations and volunteers who help us made this event
      successful.

      Please check our August 27 Photos albums at:
      http://immigrantsolidarity.org/aug27photos.shtml

      Speakers from Latino, South Asian, Muslim, Asian and African communities came
      together to relate news from their struggles. The energy generate from the
      Speak Out! will help us bound together for the future projects.

      This is our first step to create a multi-ethnic, national immigrant
      solidarity movement to bring many groups that would emphasize ethnic unity & immigrant
      workers justice, and to promote the development of strategic action for all
      immigrant groups to share in the coming years.

      Our next project will be to support the October 17 Million Workers March at
      Washington D.C., we will call for an immigrant workers contingent for the march
      and the speaker at the stage.

      If you are interested to help to organize the event, please come to our
      planning meeting on Wednesday, September 29 in New York City, we will announce the
      location soon.

      For the 2005, based on the conclusions from the Speak Out! we will focus on
      the following campaigns:

      - Legalization, driver license for the immigrants
      - No to the future special registration and immigrant deportation, oppose the
      CLEAR Act
      - Justice for the immigrant workers

      - Support the DREAM Act, and the youth-student immigrant labor movements

      - Monthly newsletter for immigrant justice

      We will call for the Immigrant Solidarity network national strategy meeting
      on spring 2005 at New York City, and summer at Los Angeles, CA.

      To keep up-to-date information about the immigrant news and campaign from
      across the country, please subscribe to our Immigrant Solidarity Network daily
      news litserv, please send e-mail to: isn-subscribe@... for the
      subscription.

      Please let us know how National Immigrant Solidarity Network, and our webpage
      http://immigrantsolidarity.org can be of service to everyone, and how we can
      work together at the future.

      I look forward to hearing from you.

      In solidarity!

      *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:
      isn-subscribe@...

      *a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! listserv, go to webpage
      http://www.actionla.org/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi?f=list&l=isn

      ***Please consider making a donation to the important work of the ActionLA
      Coalition, National Immigrant Solidarity Network and US-Mexico Border Actions
      Send check pay to:
      ActionLA/SEE
      1013 Mission St. #6
      South Pasadena CA 91030