9/18: LA Planning meeting/Caravan for Border Protest

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2004
      Planning meeting/Caravan for Border Protest
      From: indio_rebelde@...

      LA to SAN DIEGO CARAVAN TICKETS NOW ON SALE!!! Seats are limited!
      Join the LA contingent at the March on October 2nd, 2004!!!

      What? Operation Gatekeeper Caravan Forum/Political Education Segment
      When? Saturday September 18th, 2004 4:00 PM
      Where? East Side Café, 5469 Huntington Drive North LA, CA 90032
      http://maps.yahoo.com/dd (To get driving directions)
      All of you who are definitely going or who are interested in going are
      strongly encouraged to attend. If you cannot attend the Marcha on Oct. 2nd but would
      like to learn more about Operation Gatekeeper, you are also encouraged to
      join us!

      When? Saturday October 2nd, 2004 Leaving at 9:00AM SHARP
      Where? Salazar Park 3864 Whittier Blvd in East Los Angeles, CA 90023

      The Alianza Mexicana por la Autodetermination is organizing the LA caravan.
      The $10 suggested donation will cover the cost to rent vans and the gas. No one
      will be turned away due to lack of funds. Larger groups are encouraged to
      organize their own caravans but are more than welcomed to join ours. If you would
      like to drive your own car and join our caravan please contact us ASAP. For
      tickets or for more information please contact us by phone at 323-299-3157 or
      by email at AbajoConLAmigra@... (We need to know the exact # of people
      going by September 25th so that we know how many vans to rent)

      As many of you know, the Raza Rights Coalition is making a call to ALL
      progressive forces to join them on October 2nd, 2004 in San Ysidro, CA to march
      against Operation Gatekeeper. This military operation at the US/Tijuana, Mexico
      border has caused the deaths of over 3,000 human beings (Mostly Mexicans,
      Central and South Americans) since its creation in October of 1994. For this reason
      the goal is to have at least 3,000 protesters present in order to send a very
      symbolic message that those of our brothers and sisters that have lost their
      lives have not been forgotten. We, the Alianza Mexicana por la
      Autodetermination invite you to join our caravana to San Ysidro, CA on October 2nd. We hope we
      can count on you to denounce this atrocity that continues to be committed
      against our people! In this historic year when we also protest the 10th year
      Anniversary of Prop. 187, NAFTA...etc let us not forget Operation Gatekeeper!!!
      Organizados, VENCEREMOS!!!

      For more information on Operation Gatekeeper please visit

      Alianza Mexicana por la Autodetermination

      US-Mexico Border Actions
      No Militarization of Borders! Support Immigrant Rights!

      e-mail: Info@...
      Please subscribe Border Information listserv, send e-mail to:

      *BorderInfo is a activist project of ActionLA
      e-mail: Info@...

      Please join our ActionLA Listserv