October 2nd, be against "OPERATION GUARDIAN" the militarization of the Mexican Border, .,.when do we militarize the Canadian Border, or the Florida Cuban Border...???

  • Al Soto
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2004
      Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 17:35:47 EDT
      From: tlacayaotzin@...
      Subject: ALL OUT AGAINST OPERATION GUARDIAN and the deaths along the
      border

      please save the following dates and plan to participate.

      ALL OUT AGAINST OPERATION GUARDIAN ON OCTUBER 2ND, 2004

      BORDER COMMUNITIES SAY ENOUGH TO
      THE MILITARIZATION OF OUR COMMUNITIES

      Contact: Benjam´┐Żn Prado (619) 696-9224
      coalicionproderechos@...
      In Los Anglees: 323-299-3157
      abajoconlamigra@...

      Preparation continues for the march/rally planned for San
      Ysidro, Ca. on Sat. Oct. 2nd against 10 years of Operation Guardian and the
      neoliberal policies and theft against the people of LatinoAmerica. The Raza Rights
      Coalition together with other Mexican, latin and progressive
      organizations seeks to not just denounce this crime against humanity with this call to march, but also to organize our people for our self-defense. The activities will begin
      at Noon at Howard Lane Park (intersection of Beyer Blvd. and Dairymart Road) in
      San Ysidro, Ca.

      The Raza Rights Coalition, with more than 15 years struggling
      in defense of the democratic and human rights of the Mexican people in San
      Diego, again denounces Operation Guardian as a crime against humanity.
      Operation Guardian is the result of the economic policies advanced by the United
      States in an attempt to control the labor force of migrant workers. The Free Trade
      Agreement (Treaty) has been the reason why millions of workers and
      peasants risk their lives to be able to feed their families. In the last 10 years,
      more than 3,000 migrants have died crossing the imposed border.

      The U.S. government hipocritically seeks to "control" our labor
      force by militarizing the border, while promising legalization for a limited
      number
      of "undocumented" workers. The now infamous tactic of the carrot and
      stick, we
      will not accept. The organized community says enough with the
      militarization
      and the passing of unjust laws. We will not accept green cards at the
      cost of
      more deaths and more raids.

      This Oct. 1st and 2nd, the Raza Rights Coalition in conjunction
      with
      the American Friends Service Committee-US Mexico Border Program,
      invites the
      border communities and all persons who consider themselves progressive
      and on
      the side of justice and dignity to come to San Ysidro and protest
      against 10
      years of Operation Guardian, 10 years of policies and initiatives that
      act
      against the physical integrity and basic human rights of our people and
      10 years of
      "free trade" that have been the direct cause of the hunger and misery
      facing
      the great majority of the latinamerican people.

      FOR JUSTICE, DIGNITY AND LIBERTY:
      THE PEOPLE ORGANIZED WILL TRIUMPH!

      This march and the Oct. 16th march is being supported by the
      Alianza
      Mexicana por la Autodetermination (Mexcian Alliance for
      Self-determination) in
      Los Angeles. We are sponsoring a community forum/organizing event on
      Sept. 18
      at the Eastside Cafe in East Los Angeles. Please call for more
      information.
      323-299-3157

      ******************

      ALSO on Oct.16th, there will be a statewide march against
      Immigration Raids, for legalization for all and against the
      government's
      anti-immigrant policies. We will gather at 9 am at Five Points in East
      Los Angeles: Corner
      of Cesar Chavez and Lorena Streets. Marching to 1st and Spring Streets.
      For
      more info: 213-385-7800 x127, 909-888-1800, 909-827-1826. Organized by
      the
      Coalition for Immigrant Rights and Against the Raids.

      The news is to be reported not to sway opinion. No more melodrama of constant entertainment trivia on news time. The founding fathers knew that government is always corrupt, that is why they gave us civil liberties. The people must lead to survive corrupt governments. Read the constitution. (In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this includes information for research and educational purposes.) Al Soto (c) 2004