ALL OUT AGAINST OPERATION GUARDIAN and the deaths along the border

  • tlacayaotzin@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4 2:35 PM
      please save the following dates and plan to participate.

      ALL OUT AGAINST OPERATION GUARDIAN ON OCTUBER 2ND, 2004

      BORDER COMMUNITIES SAY ENOUGH TO
      THE MILITARIZATION OF OUR COMMUNITIES

      Contact: Benjamín Prado (619) 696-9224
      coalicionproderechos@...
      In Los Anglees: 323-299-3157
      abajoconlamigra@...

      Preparation continues for the march/rally planned for San Ysidro, Ca.
      on Sat. Oct. 2nd against 10 years of Operation Guardian and the neoliberal
      policies and theft against the people of LatinoAmerica. The Raza Rights
      Coalition together with other Mexican, latin and progressive organizations seeks to
      not just denounce this crime against humanity with this call to march, but also
      to organize our people for our self-defense. The activities will begin at Noon
      at Howard Lane Park (intersection of Beyer Blvd. and Dairymart Road) in San
      Ysidro, Ca.

      The Raza Rights Coalition, with more than 15 years struggling in
      defense of the democratic and human rights of the Mexican people in San Diego,
      again denounces Operation Guardian as a crime against humanity. Operation
      Guardian is the result of the economic policies advanced by the United States in an
      attempt to control the labor force of migrant workers. The Free Trade
      Agreement (Treaty) has been the reason why millions of workers and peasants risk
      their lives to be able to feed their families. In the last 10 years, more than
      3,000 migrants have died crossing the imposed border.

      The U.S. government hipocritically seeks to "control" our labor force
      by militarizing the border, while promising legalization for a limited number
      of "undocumented" workers. The now infamous tactic of the carrot and stick, we
      will not accept. The organized community says enough with the militarization
      and the passing of unjust laws. We will not accept green cards at the cost of
      more deaths and more raids.

      This Oct. 1st and 2nd, the Raza Rights Coalition in conjunction with
      the American Friends Service Committee-US Mexico Border Program, invites the
      border communities and all persons who consider themselves progressive and on
      the side of justice and dignity to come to San Ysidro and protest against 10
      years of Operation Guardian, 10 years of policies and initiatives that act
      against the physical integrity and basic human rights of our people and 10 years of
      "free trade" that have been the direct cause of the hunger and misery facing
      the great majority of the latinamerican people.

      FOR JUSTICE, DIGNITY AND LIBERTY:
      THE PEOPLE ORGANIZED WILL TRIUMPH!

      This march and the Oct. 16th march is being supported by the Alianza
      Mexicana por la Autodetermination (Mexcian Alliance for Self-determination) in
      Los Angeles. We are sponsoring a community forum/organizing event on Sept. 18
      at the Eastside Cafe in East Los Angeles. Please call for more information.
      323-299-3157

      ALSO on Oct.16th, there will be a statewide march against
      Immigration Raids, for legalization for all and against the government's
      anti-immigrant policies. We will gather at 9 am at Five Points in East Los Angeles: Corner
      of Cesar Chavez and Lorena Streets. Marching to 1st and Spring Streets. For
      more info: 213-385-7800 x127, 909-888-1800, 909-827-1826. Organized by the
      Coalition for Immigrant Rights and Against the Raids.