8/30 Immigrant Workers/POC Contingent for Two Aug 30 Major Marches!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2004
      8/30 Immigrant Workers/POC Contingent for Two Aug 30 Major Marches!

      Congraudate everyone who came for the historical August 29 the New York UFPJ
      march!

      Tomorrow, August 30, at the first day of the Republican National Conevntion,
      there'll be two major march & rally at the New York city: Still We Rise
      Coalition and Poor People's Economic Human Rights Campaign (PPEHRC), they are
      organizing separate marches:

      Still We Rise Coalition's Poor People's March at 12 PM at Union Square, and

      PPEHRC March for Our Lives 4 PM at in front of the United Nations.

      The immigrant Solidarity Network believes unity among different groups are
      very important for our struggles, so we will support both marches and create
      immigrant workers/POC contingent to join with them. Thanks for Terry Burke, we
      will have a large 18 Ft X 5 Ft lead banner for the marches! (we welcome other
      banners join with us)

      Immigrant Workers/POC Contingent Assembly for both marches:

      1) Still We Rise's Poor People's March (http://www.stillwerise.org/)
      Immigrant Workers/POC Contingent Assembly:
      12:00 PM: Assemble at 14th St and Broadway at Union Square's subway's exit,
      make sure looking for our large banner.

      2) PPEHRC's March for Our Lives (http://www.marchforourlives.org/)
      Immigrant Workers/POC Contingent Assembly:
      3:45 PM: Assemble at northwest corner of 1st Ave and 47th street, make sure
      looking for our large banner.

      We will only march when we have enough safety guarantee, and everyone within
      our contingent will be agreed the following guidelines:

      1. We will use no violence, physical or verbal, towards any person. We
      consider speech or acts that are racist, homophobic, or sexist to be violent.

      2. We will carry no weapons.

      3. We will not bring or use any alcohol or illegal drugs.

      4. We will not destroy property.

      We need march volunteers!
      We welcome everyone to join, also asking volunteers for harmony keeping and
      logistics during the march.

      If you interested to help please call: Lee Siu Hin (626)695-3405
      Or e-mail: siuhin@... or leave a message at our NYC hotline: (212)330-8172

      Also, On Sept 2nd, Please Join
      ARTISTS AND ACTIVISTS UNITED FOR PEACE MARCH & RALLY
      Thursday, September 2nd – 2:00 pm
      Gather at the Harlem State Office Building
      163 West 125th St. & Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Blvd.
      The Artists & Activists United For Peace Coalition is a Black-led
      organization focusing attention on communities of color issues that will receive all too
      little attention at most other anti-RNC protests – the need for jobs, housing,
      education, healthcare, and reparations as well as an end to police brutality,
      the so-called war on drugs, harassment of immigrants, shortchanging of war
      veterans, and maltreatment of political prisoners and others incarcerated in US
      prisons.
      For more information
      The Artists and Activists United for Peace Coalition
      P.O. Box 380-719
      Adelphi Station
      Brooklyn, NY 11238
      Phone 212-545-4178
      Fax 212-591-6294
      Web: http://www.aaupcoalition.org

      ***Please consider making a donation to the important work of the ActionLA
      Coalition, National Immigrant Solidarity Network and US-Mexico Border Actions
      Send check pay to:
      ActionLA/SEE
      1013 Mission St. #6
      South Pasadena CA 91030
      (All donations are tax deductible)

      *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:
      isn-subscribe@...

      *a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! listserv, go to webpage
      http://www.actionla.org/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi?f=list&l=isn

      *National Immigrant Solidarity Network is the part of the ActionLA Coalition
      and US-Mexico Border Actions Project

      US-Mexico Border Actions
      No Militarization of Borders! Support Immigrant Rights!
      e-mail: borderactions@...

      *to join the US-Mexico Border Information Bulletin, send e-mail to:
      Border01-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      ActionLA
      e-mail: Info@...