8/11 5-7 PM: Planning meeting for the RNC Aug 27 Immigrant Workers Speak Out!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9 1:06 AM
      August 11 5-7 PM: Planning meeting for the RNC Aug 27 Immigrant Workers
      Speak Out!

      Please come to New York Planning Meetings for Aug 27 Immigrant Workers Speak
      Out!

      Wednesday, August 11 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
      Center for Constitutional Rights Office
      666 Broadway 6th Fl.
      New York, NY 10012

      Agenda:
      - Volunteers sign-up
      -general information, program for the August 27

      Information Hotline: (212)330-8172 Web:
      _http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/RNC/index.htm_ (http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/RNC/index.htm)
      Contact: Lee Siu Hin Tel: (626)695-3405 e-mail: _siuhin@..._
      (mailto:siuhin@...)

      August 27 Immigrant Workers Day of Action and Speak Out!

      Friday, August 27 4:00 PM – 10:00 PM
      St. Mark Church 131 E. 10th St., New York
      (cross the street with 2nd Avenue)
      First Day of the Counter RNC Mobilization in NYC
      Please visits: _http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/RNC/index.htm_
      (http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/RNC/index.htm)
      Flyers: _http://immigrantsolidarity.org/flyers.html_
      (http://immigrantsolidarity.org/flyers.html)

      Sponsored by National Immigrant Solidarity Network
      Web: _http://www.ImmigrantSolidarity.org_
      (http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/)
      Information Hotline: (212)330-8172

      Media Contact: Lee Siu Hin e-mail: _siuhin@..._ (mailto:siuhin@...)
      tel: (626)695-3405

      Call to Action!
      We are a nation of immigrant populations. The groups working together for
      this event include national and local organizations founded to work for civil
      justice and civil liberties. National Immigrant Solidarity Network ActionLA,
      Center for Constitutional Rights, Million Workers March, Student Peace Action
      Network, APALA-LA, Kensington Welfare Rights Union, Still We Rise Coalition,
      Nicaragua Network and many other human rights, labor and immigrant
      organizations.
      Friday August 27, the day before the RNC Mobilization in New York City we
      call for a day of immigrant workers and community activists to put minds
      together and declare: No Immigrant Bashing! Support Immigrant Rights! No To
      Sweatshops! End The Racism On The Community!

      Background Information
      National Immigrant Solidarity Network and community, immigrant, human rights
      and student activist organizations will come together to call August 27 The
      Immigrant Worker Day of Action and Speak Out as a part of upcoming counter
      Republican National Convention Mobilization at New York City, August 29 to
      September 2.
      We hope the Speak Out! can achieve a bourgeoning unity among community
      activists for a campaign strategy on immigrant-labor issues. We need to strengthen
      the anti-sweatshop campaigns, and the fight against racism. We will further
      the understanding on how to build a sustainable community campaign for the
      alternative to state and corporate causing poverty and refugees.
      We want people and organizations participating in the Speak Out! help build
      the national structure for national campaign strategies.
      We also hope the Speak Out! can be a model for the anti-globalization
      movement by creating a the new direction for joining international campaigns with
      community campaigns, to work with immigrant and student-labor organizations to
      support domestic immigrant rights campaigns from Mexico, Central and South
      Americas; and to link local issues to the anti-sweatshops and
      anti-globalization movements.
      We will take back our communities.

      Initial Schedule for the August 27 Immigrant Workers Speak Out! and Aug 31
      Immigrant Solidarity Network gathering
      Time: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
      Length: 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM (include setup and clean up)
      3:00 PM - 4:30 PM setup, welcoming people, pre-discussion gathering (just
      people who come early to create a space to talk)
      4:30 PM - 5:00 PM opening ceremony, introduction to the Speak Out!
      5:00 PM - 6:15 PM 1st breakout
      6:15 PM - 7:15 PM report back, plenary, short cultural performance
      7:15 PM - 8:30 PM 2nd breakout
      8:30 PM -9:45 PM (or longer?) report back, plenary, and cultural performance
      until end
      9:45 PM - 10:15 PM clean up
      webpage: _http://www.ImmigrantSolidarity.org_
      (http:www.ImmigrantSolidarity.org)

      Please subscribe to the August 27 Immigrant Solidarity Day of action
      planning listserv: Send an e-mail to:
      NoRNC-ImmigrantSolidarity-subscribe@yahoogroups.com