5/26: Conference planning call for 8/27 RNC Immigrant-Worker Community Day!
- 5/26: Next RNC August 27 Immigrant-Worker Community Speak Out!/Day of Action
Planning Phone Conference
Wednesday May 26 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
Tel: 1-413-200-7060 (Plainfield, MA)
Participant Access Code: 91030
For More Information,
Call Lee Siu Hin: (626)695-3405
Please come to join our phone conference!
Contact: Lee Siu Hin e-mail: siuhin@... tel: (626)695-3405
NO RNC-Immigrant Solidarity listserv:
Immigrant-Worker Community Speak Out!/Day of Action webpage:
Here's what we'd talked on the last (May 12) planning meeting:
1) We will move the day of immigrant conference from Aug 31 to Aug 27 (Aug 28
is impossible since NYSPC will have their full day Books-Not Bombs
Conference), 2 days before the Aug 29 March.
2) We change the format of the event from conference to community
forum--Immigrant Worker Community Speak Out! Depends on each organization's capcity, any
level of involvement will be welcome.
3) The event will be between half day to 3/4 day, with cultural event at the
4) Kensington Welfare Rights Union, NYSPC, NY Summer and Still We Rise agreed
to corroborate with the Speak Out! event, and help each other's project--as
long as we are not conflict with their event.
5) Kensington Welfare Rights Union suggest we should organize an immigrant
worker contingent and student contingent for the Aug 30 Poor People march.
6) We will work with NY Summer to create educational materials throughout the
summer (summer NYC immigrant-worker education project)
7) If everyone can be agreed with the Aug 27 day, we will finalized it and
begin search for meeting space and the promotion and logistic planning.
Lee Siu Hin
National Immigrant Solidarity Network
No Immigrant Bashing! Support Immigrant Rights!
***Please consider making a donation to the important work of the ActionLA
Coalition, National Immigrant Solidarity Network and US-Mexico Border Actions
Send check pay to:
1013 Mission St. #6
South Pasadena CA 91030
(All donations are tax deductible)
*to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:
*a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! listserv, go to webpage
*National Immigrant Solidarity Network is the part of the ActionLA Coalition
and US-Mexico Border Actions Project
US-Mexico Border Actions
No Militarization of Borders! Support Immigrant Rights!
*to join the US-Mexico Border Information Bulletin, send e-mail to:
Action for World Liberation Everyday!
To join our ActionLA Listserv
go to: http://lists.riseup.net/www/subscribe/actionla
or send e-mail to: actionla-subscribe@...
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]