5/26: Conference planning call for 8/27 RNC Immigrant-Worker Community Day!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2004
      5/26: Next RNC August 27 Immigrant-Worker Community Speak Out!/Day of Action
      Planning Phone Conference

      Wednesday May 26 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
      Tel: 1-413-200-7060 (Plainfield, MA)
      Participant Access Code: 91030

      For More Information,
      Call Lee Siu Hin: (626)695-3405
      e-mail: siuhin@...

      Please come to join our phone conference!

      Contact: Lee Siu Hin e-mail: siuhin@... tel: (626)695-3405

      NO RNC-Immigrant Solidarity listserv:

      Immigrant-Worker Community Speak Out!/Day of Action webpage:
      http://www.actionla.org/ISN/RNC/index.htm

      Here's what we'd talked on the last (May 12) planning meeting:

      1) We will move the day of immigrant conference from Aug 31 to Aug 27 (Aug 28
      is impossible since NYSPC will have their full day Books-Not Bombs
      Conference), 2 days before the Aug 29 March.

      2) We change the format of the event from conference to community
      forum--Immigrant Worker Community Speak Out! Depends on each organization's capcity, any
      level of involvement will be welcome.

      3) The event will be between half day to 3/4 day, with cultural event at the
      end.

      4) Kensington Welfare Rights Union, NYSPC, NY Summer and Still We Rise agreed
      to corroborate with the Speak Out! event, and help each other's project--as
      long as we are not conflict with their event.

      5) Kensington Welfare Rights Union suggest we should organize an immigrant
      worker contingent and student contingent for the Aug 30 Poor People march.

      6) We will work with NY Summer to create educational materials throughout the
      summer (summer NYC immigrant-worker education project)

      7) If everyone can be agreed with the Aug 27 day, we will finalized it and
      begin search for meeting space and the promotion and logistic planning.

      Sincerely;

      webpage: http://www.actionla.org/ISN/

      ***Please consider making a donation to the important work of the ActionLA
      Coalition, National Immigrant Solidarity Network and US-Mexico Border Actions
      Send check pay to:
      ActionLA/SEE
      1013 Mission St. #6
      South Pasadena CA 91030
      (All donations are tax deductible)

      *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:
      isn-subscribe@...

      *a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! listserv, go to webpage
      http://www.actionla.org/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi?f=list&l=isn

      *National Immigrant Solidarity Network is the part of the ActionLA Coalition
      and US-Mexico Border Actions Project

      US-Mexico Border Actions
      No Militarization of Borders! Support Immigrant Rights!
      e-mail: borderactions@...

      *to join the US-Mexico Border Information Bulletin, send e-mail to:
      Border01-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      ActionLA
      e-mail: Info@...

      To join our ActionLA Listserv