5/12 New York:1st Planning Meeting of Immigrant-Worker Solidarity Days Of Action

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2004
      First Planning Meeting for the Immigrant-Worker Solidarity Days Of Action and
      Conference During Anti-RNC Mobolization, New York (August 30 - 31)

      When: Wednesday, May 12
      (If you are from the New York area, we encourage to come to the meeting,
      otherwise, please join the phone conference)

      National Phone Conference
      When: Wednesday, May 12  3:00 PM to 4:00 PM EST
      Phone #: 1-413-200-7060 (Plainfield, MA)
      Access Code: 91030

      Planning Meeting New York City!
      When: Wednesday, May 12  4:00 PM to 6:00 PM EST
      Where: Center for Constitutional Rights
                 666 Broadway 6th Fl.
                 New York, NY 10012

      For more information, please contact:
      Marc Krupanski: (212)614-6454 (CCR)
      Lee Siu Hin: (626)695-3405 (ISN)

      webpage: http://www.actionla.org/ISN/

      If you are believes in human rights, workers rights, multiethnic unity, no to
      sweatshops and no to Bush empire building, please come to join the planning
      meeting!

      Our "Decreation of Action"
      This is our propose one or two day-long Immigrant Unity Conference and a
      declaration of Immigrant-Workers Unity Day during RNC Mobilization (Aug 29 - Sep
      4) at New York City, New York.

      National Immigrant Solidarity Network and New York/Washington D.C. based
      immigrant & human rights organizations will come together to draft a proposal,
      action plan to organize a 1 or 2 day “Immigrant Unity Conference” and a “
      Immigrant-Workers Day” at the upcoming Republican National Convention Mobilization at
      New York City, August 29 - September 4.

      We want to use the opportunity of RNC mobilization to tell the Bush regime,
      the activist communities and the world that we demand No Immigrant Bashing!
      Support Immigrant Rights! We are Against Sweatshop Exploitation and Racism on our
      Communities!

      We hope the Unity Conference can achieve the unity among different community
      activists to create a common campaign strategy on issues, such as,
      immigrant-labor issues, anti-sweatshop campaigns, and the fight against racism.  If
      anything, we view the Unity Conference as a way to network with other
      community-based and grassroots organizers and to share information, skills, and potentially
      resources.

      As the Unity Conference was initially called by the National Immigrant
      Solidarity Network, we would like to highlight the creation of this network and
      encourage dialogue regarding its structure, mission, and strategic campaigns.

      We also hope the Unity Conference can be a new model for the
      anti-globalization movements; we wish not only to react against government and corporate
      policies, but we also want to create and harness our own power for a new society;
      we are not only focused on international campaigns thousands of miles away, but
      also on community-based campaigns in our own states, cities, towns, and
      neighborhoods led by those that are most directly affected.  We also wish to unite
      immigrant, student, and labor organizations to meet these goals as well as to
      demonstrate our united opposition to the Bush Administration.

      National Immigrant Soliadrity Network
      webpage: http://www.actionla.org/ISN/ (For latest immigrant issues/news)

      ***Please consider making a donation to the important work of the ActionLA
      Coalition, National Immigrant Solidarity Network and US-Mexico Border Actions
      Send check pay to:
      ActionLA/SEE
      1013 Mission St. #6
      South Pasadena CA 91030
      (All donations are tax deductiable)

      *to join the lmmigrant Soliadrity Network daily-news litserv, send e-mail to:
      isn-subscribe@...

      *a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! listserv, go to webpage
      http://www.actionla.org/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi?f=list&l=isn

      *To Translate this page to Arabic, please visit ajeeb.com:
      http://tarjim.ajeeb.com/ajeeb/default.asp?lang=1

      *To Translate this page to French, Spanish, German, Italian or Portuguese,
      please visit Systran:
      http://www.systransoft.com/