Call to Action & Planning Meeting! Immigrant-Worker Solidarity Day @ RNC Protest

    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2004
      Call to Action!
      Immigrant-Worker Solidarity Day Of Action and Conference During Anti-RNC
      Mobolization, New York!
      August 30 -31
      We Demands: No to Immigrant Bashing! Yes to Multiethnic Unity! No to
      Sweatshops! Yes to Workers' Rights!

      Called by: National Immigrant Solidarity Network
      Endorsed by: Center for Constitutional Rights, Latin American Solidarity
      Coalition, Million Workers March, Student Peace Action Network and many other
      human rights, labor and immigrant organizations.

      For more information, please contact:
      Tel: (626)695-3405 Lee Siu Hin (Immigrant Solidarity Network) e-mail:

      Please Join Our First Planning Meeting at May 12!
      - Come to Our meeting at New York City, or
      - Pre-meeting phone conference (for those who cannot come to the meeting)

      National Phone Conference
      When: Wednesday, May 12 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
      Phone #: 1-413-200-7060 (Plainfield, MA)
      Access Code: 91030

      Planning Meeting New York City!
      When: Wednesday, May 12 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
      Where: Center for Constitutional Rights
      666 Broadway 6th Fl.
      New York, NY 10012

      For more information, please contact:
      Marc Krupanski: (212)614-6454 (CCR)
      Lee Siu Hin: (626)695-3405 (ISN)

      webpage: http://www.actionla.org/ISN/

      If you are believes in human rights, workers rights, multiethnic unity, no to
      sweatshops and no to Bush empire building, please come to join the planning

      Our "Decreation of Action"
      This is our propose one or two day-long Immigrant Unity Conference and a
      declaration of Immigrant-Workers Unity Day during RNC Mobilization (Aug 29 - Sep
      4) at New York City, New York.

      National Immigrant Solidarity Network and New York/Washington D.C. based
      immigrant & human rights organizations will come together to draft a proposal,
      action plan to organize a 1 or 2 day “Immigrant Unity Conference” and a “
      Immigrant-Workers Day” at the upcoming Republican National Convention Mobilization at
      New York City, August 29 - September 4.

      We want to use the opportunity of RNC mobilization to tell the Bush regime,
      the activist communities and the world that we demand No Immigrant Bashing!
      Support Immigrant Rights! We are Against Sweatshop Exploitation and Racism on our

      We hope the Unity Conference can achieve the unity among different community
      activists to create a common campaign strategy on issues, such as,
      immigrant-labor issues, anti-sweatshop campaigns, and the fight against racism. If
      anything, we view the Unity Conference as a way to network with other
      community-based and grassroots organizers and to share information, skills, and potentially

      As the Unity Conference was initially called by the National Immigrant
      Solidarity Network, we would like to highlight the creation of this network and
      encourage dialogue regarding its structure, mission, and strategic campaigns.

      We also hope the Unity Conference can be a new model for the
      anti-globalization movements; we wish not only to react against government and corporate
      policies, but we also want to create and harness our own power for a new society;
      we are not only focused on international campaigns thousands of miles away, but
      also on community-based campaigns in our own states, cities, towns, and
      neighborhoods led by those that are most directly affected. We also wish to unite
      immigrant, student, and labor organizations to meet these goals as well as to
      demonstrate our united opposition to the Bush Administration.

      webpage: http://www.actionla.org/ISN/ (For latest immigrant issues/news)

      ***Please consider making a donation to the important work of the ActionLA
      Coalition, National Immigrant Solidarity Network and US-Mexico Border Actions
      Send check pay to:
      1013 Mission St. #6
      South Pasadena CA 91030
      (All donations are tax deductible)

      *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:

      *a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! listserv, go to webpage

      *National Immigrant Solidarity Network is the part of the ActionLA Coalition
      and US-Mexico Border Actions Project

      US-Mexico Border Actions
      No Militarization of Borders! Support Immigrant Rights!
      e-mail: borderactions@...

      *to join the US-Mexico Border Information Bulletin, send e-mail to:

      e-mail: Info@...

      To join our ActionLA Listserv