Reminder: Next Immigrant Solidarity Network Phone Conference

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2004
      Reminder: Next Immigrant Solidarity Network Phone Conference

      Hi everyone:

      So far, people had send me e-mail to suggest to have the phone confernce on
      Wednesday February 18, at noon or 4:30 PM Pacific Standard Time.

      Please reply me soon if you would agrees the conference call time and able to
      participate.

      Sinceerly;

      Tel: (626)695-3405

      P.S. Also, if you have time, please also join the AgJOBS Conference Call by
      United Farm Workers and Farm Labor Organizing Committee this Friday!

      You are invited to participate in a conference call with Arturo Rodriguez,
      President of the United Farm Workers (UFW) and Baldemar Velasquez, President of
      the Farm Labor Organizing Committee (FLOC), to discuss the AgJOBS bill (S.
      1645/H.R. 3142) on Friday, February 13th at 2pm EST. This legislation would
      provide a path to citizenship for thousands of undocumented farmworkers and
      further worker protections in the fields. While this legislation enjoys broad
      bipartisan support, we must mount an aggressive campaign to get this
      legislation passed. We have set the anniversary of Cesar Chavez’s birthday March 31,
      2004 as the deadline. Please join us on a conference call to discuss our plans
      to pressure Congress to enact AgJOBS legislation. The conference call number
      is: 1.800.565.7630 and Conference ID is 391357. Please contact Irene Bueno if
      you have any questions at irene_bueno@... or 202.530.0175.
      Thank you.

      Save the Date: Next Forum Strategy Session on March 11th

      The Forum will hold its next day-long strategy session in Washington, DC on
      March 11th, 2004. Topics are still being decided, but the session will cover a
      range of issues, from post-9/11 due process to the CLEAR Act to comprehensive
      immigration reform. The strategy session precedes our annual meeting for
      Forum Associates on March 12th. More information on both meetings will be sent
      out very soon.

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      National Immigrant Soliadrity Network
      webpage: http://www.actionla.org/ISN/ (For latest immigrant issues/news)

      ***Please consider making a donation to the important work of the ActionLA
      Coalition, National Immigrant Solidarity Network and US-Mexico Border Actions
      Send check pay to:
      ActionLA/SEE
      1013 Mission St. #6
      South Pasadena CA 91030
      (All donations are tax deductiable)

      *to join the lmmigrant Soliadrity Network daily-news litserv, send e-mail to:
      isn-subscribe@...

      *a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! listserv, go to webpage
      http://www.actionla.org/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi?f=list&l=isn

      *National Immigrant Soliadrity Network is the part of the ActionLA Coaliation
      and US-Mexico Border Actions Project

      US-Mexico Border Actions
      No Militarization of Borders! Support Immigrant Rights!
      e-mail: borderactions@...

      *to join the US-Mexico Border Information Bulletin, send e-mail to:
      Border01-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      ActionLA
      e-mail: Border@...

      To join our ActionLA Listserv