"We'd Rather Wear Nothing Than Wear Gap!" - Activists Strip at Tucson Mall en route to FTAA mass protests in Miami

  • Chalice Productions
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2003
      ***We'd Rather Wear Nothing Than Wear Gap!!!***

      The Gapatistas Ride Again to Stop the FTAA in Miami!

      **12pm, Weds, Nov 12, Tucson Mall, parking lot main entrance, 4500 North Oracle Rd, Tucson**

      Please join us in Tucson for Day Two of the GAPATISTA ROAD SHOW to Miami to protest the FREE TRADE AREA of the AMERICAS (FTAA) Nov 17--21, where up to 100,000 protestors are expected to converge!!! The Tucson Gap action will start with a mini FTAA & LOCAL ISSUES TEACH-IN using a giant 200-year-old redwood stump-logged by the Fishers of the Gap-as a stage. Speakers will alternate with GREAT SONGS and RADICAL CHEERS, all building to the CLIMACTIC MOMENT when we STRIP for JUSTICE IN FOREST, FIELD, & FACTORY!!! We'll end the action by PARADING around the parking lot with our 200-foot CLOTHESLINE BANNER encouraging shoppers to "Save Redwoods! Stop Sweatshops! & Boycott the Gap!" Bring drums, noise-makers, and outlandish underwear!!!

      WHY THE GAP? Gap Inc is a poster-corporation of transnational exploitation and the debacle of corporate economic globalization. From the Devastation of the Aral Sea to the Ruination of the Redwoods! From the exploitation of cotton-workers in Uzbekistan to needle-workers in sweatshops throughout the global south! From union-busting in maquiladoras to union-busting on US docks!!! Whether it's advising the President on lethal global trade policies, coercing the City of San Francisco to slash business taxes by 5/6, or engaging in sweetheart deals to the tune of $18 million in public subsidies! Whether blocking a living wage for city workers or privatizing national parks, public schools, and public television--THE GAP IS THERE!!!

      To speak at this event or for more info, contact chalicenew@... 415-731-7924 (office) or 415-509-1188 (cell Nov 10--25) ***Join the Gaspatista Roadshow at any of our whistle-stops: Nov 10--16, SF, L.A., Tucson, El Paso, Austin, New Orleans, Tallahassee, & Miami (check www.gapsucks.org for details )!***