SISTERFIRE TOUR looking for artists/organizers!!! (fwd)

  • Donna Dove
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2003
      Ana Clarissa Rojas Durazo <acrd@...> wrote:
      Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 19:26:16 -0700
      To: rohitarojas@...
      From: Ana Clarissa Rojas Durazo
      Subject: SISTERFIRE TOUR looking for artists/organizers!!!

      Circulate widely!!!
      Hi there herman@s in the struggle,

      INCITE: Women of Color Against Violence is launching
      SISTERFIRE: a national/international (US/Mexico border) tour.

      SISTERFIRE sets out to reach women of color of all ages and backgrounds
      with the message that we're tired of all the different kinds of violence we
      endure as women of color: in our homes, in the streets, in jails, on our
      lands, on our bodies, in our communities, and by colonial racist invaders.
      Violence destroys our entire communities and we ain't gon'na stay quiet
      about it!

      The tour will take place Spring through Fall 2004 and will support and
      build local organizing efforts to nourish the growing movement for sister
      liberation!!!

      We are looking for women of color artists and organizers to
      support/participate/perform with/in the tour...if you are interested let us
      know right away and please circulate this to anyone else who might be
      interested!!!

      Check out the attachment for much more information and to participate!!!

      En lucha,
      Clarissa Rojas
      INCITE: Women of Color Against Violence

      > ATTACHMENT part 2 application/pdf name=sisterfire rfp packet.pdf

      From where you are and who you are in your everyday life, that's where you
      make change. Whatever your gig is, make change through your strength.
      --Toshi Reagon

      For your journey I give you
      this mirror reflecting your own sweet face.
      --Kate Rushin