Fox to visit Arizona, New Mexico and Texas next month

  • Donna Dove
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2003
      Posted on Wed, Oct. 22, 2003

      Fox to visit Arizona, New Mexico and Texas next month
      Associated Press

      PHOENIX - Mexican president Vicente Fox will travel to Arizona next month
      and meet with Gov. Janet Napolitano as part of a three-day visit to the
      American Southwest.

      Mexican Consul General of Phoenix, Ruben Beltran, formally announced
      Tuesday that Fox will visit Phoenix and then travel to New Mexico and Texas
      from Nov. 4 through Nov. 6.

      Fox is expected to meet privately with Napolitano and then meet with other
      business and political leaders to discuss trade promotion and business
      development as well as immigration issues and infrastructure along the
      border.

      "Most of our discussion will center on trade and commerce between Arizona
      and Mexico," Napolitano said. "Mexico is our leading trade partner. The
      more we increase trade, the more jobs we create for Arizona and on the
      south side of the border. And that's a great thing."

      Fox's planned visit is the result of an invitation extended to him by
      Napolitano, who traveled to Mexico City in August.

      It will be the first time a Mexican president has visited the state.

      Que todos se levanten, May all rise up,
      que ni uno ni otro May all be called
      se quede atras de los demas. May no one be left behind.
      --Popol Vuh the others.