7/2: PJ Fest Conference: Fight Against Patriotic Acts, Know Your Legal Rights!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2003
      ActionLA, Peace And Social Justice Convergence
      WEDNESDAY      JULY 2, 2003        6 PM TO 11PM
      "A Celebration in Support of the Constitution"

      Neighbors for Peace & Justice and FPNN will co-host an evening to Celebrate and Support the Constitution of the United States of America.  Join the festivities to learn more about what is happening to our Civil Right and Civil Liberties and what you can do to take a pro-active role within your community to protect the future of our Constitution.

      SPEAKERS, FILM, MUSIC, AND POETRY FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT

      WEDNESDAY      JULY 2, 2003        6 PM TO 11PM

      ARTS IN ACTION
      1919 W. 7TH STREET, 4TH FLOOR, LOS ANGELES, CA
      $5 Suggested Donation

      6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Midnight Special Law Collective Legal Training "Know Your Rights."

      8:00 PM - 11:00 PM: Conference

      For more information about this event call: June Kuwatani at
      323.839.3917 or NPJ's direct line 818.727.8433

      **And, please come to our remaining Peace and Social jutice Convergence, until Saturday, July 5***
      Main Convergence- Arts in Action: 1919 W. 7th Street 4th Floor
      For More Information, Call: (213)413-1778, e-mail: PJFest@... Web: www.PJFest.net

      7/4 (Fri) 12:00 - 10:00 PM: Farce of July, Casa del Mexicano in East LA: an annual Chicano music and poetry event held on the 4th of July, this event is to honor of our ancestors and the spirit of resistance of all indigenous people, is to offer a sense of community among cultures and to increase awareness of ongoing social struggles. URL: www.xicanorecordsandfilm.com

      7/5 (Sat) 8:00 PM -10:00 PM Arts in Action: Closing Ceremony and Community Town Hall Meeting "What is Our Future Peace and Social Justice Movements in Los Angeles?"

      **ActionLA Peace and Social Justice Convergence**
      June 20 - July 5, 2003 Los Angeles
      "Take Back the World! Take Back Our Community!"

      ActionLA, a major Los Angeles-based community organization, has decided to call for a major 2-weeks long Peace and Social Justice Convergence in Los Angeles to focus on how to link global struggles to the community issues, and demand "Take Back the World, Take Back Our Community!"

      This two-week Festival will include a vast array of cultural-political events throughout the diverse communities of Southern California and will merge art, dance, theater, music, film/video, and photography, with political analysis and action. It will involve and reflect the rainbow of ethnic and racial diversity in our community.

      Major participate organizations and endorsers include: Sol foundation, Coalition of World Peace, LA CISPES, SEIU local 434B, Pacifica Radio-KPFK Los Angeles, Independent Press Assoication, Z-Magazine, Neighbor for Peace and Justice, ICUJP, FPNN, Global Exchange, Anti-Racists Action-LA, Youth Student Network of Oct 22 Coalition to Stop Police Brutality, Women In Black, Palestine Aid Society, Colombia Peace Project, Xicano Records & Film and more!

      For more Information, or if you are interests to propose your events, please contact: Tel: (213)413-1778   e-mail: PJFest@...    Web: www.PJFest.net

      ActionLA Peace and Social Justice Convergence
      June 20 - July 5, 2003 Los Angeles
      Web: www.PJFest.net
      e-mail: PJFest@...
      For More Information, Tel:(213)413-1778