  • Hook.RobertA(CC)
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2002
      I put the following up at source forge support, then realised that
      doesn't seem to be likely to get a response....

      I would have put this through the yahoo group, but I'm stuck behind a
      mind-bogglingly repressive firewall. SO I'll scream for help here,
      bearing in mind the dictum that in cyberspace no-one can hear you
      scream.

      I have download 1.27.0, and am attempting to build and use Boost under
      HP-UX 11.00.

      There are two problems, and I cannot tell if they are related or not.

      Firstly, the install instructions along the lines of

      jam -sBOOST_ROOT=. -=sTOOLS="hpux"

      simply produce the following (after I bodgied up a hpux-tools.jam)

      +: line 1304: yacc stack overflow at keyword }
      don't know how to make all
      ...found 1 target...
      ...can't find 1 target...

      after smacking my head on the desk for several days, I've given up on
      that one and attempted to build boost_1_27_0/libs/tuple/test/io_test.cpp
      using

      aCC -c +z +p $APP_INCLUDE -o io_test.o io_test.cpp

      (where APP_INCLUDE is -I <yada/yada/yada> as appropriate) which results
      in

      "tuple_basic.hpp", line 290 # Cannot generate a specialization of
      incomplete template struct STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE<(bool)0>.
      BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT(length<cons>::value == 2); // check length =

      and errors cascading after that. Looking at various messages and
      comments, I believe that someone
      somewhere has managed to get boost working under HP-UX, but I'm dammned
      if I can. Help!

      Oh yes, by the way, I'm stuck behind a repressive firewall and cannot
      even *read* the message archive at Yahoo, let alone subscribe / post!
      (Puts head down on desk and begins sobbing quietly)

      --
      Robert Hook - DCC Analyst/Programmer
      Polaris Group, Information Systems Branch

      securityscanner@....

      This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
      for the presence of computer viruses.