Why stop building with error "Thread support is unavailable!"

  • xuejm
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2002
      Hi,

      I installed boost1.28.0 with microsoft visual c++ .NET and regex worked very well, but when I build a very simple example to test boost.thread, it stop building with error "Thread support is unavailable!".

      I found out that it's because that there's not a pre-define variable defined.

      Can I define the variable? How can I use boost.thread in my vc++ .net?

      TIA

      Phipps Xue
    • Dale Peakall
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2002
        On Tuesday 06 August 2002 5:35 am, you wrote:

        > I installed boost1.28.0 with microsoft visual c++ .NET and regex worked
        > very well, but when I build a very simple example to test boost.thread, it
        > stop building with error "Thread support is unavailable!".
        >
        > I found out that it's because that there's not a pre-define variable
        > defined.
        >
        > Can I define the variable? How can I use boost.thread in my vc++ .net?

        Just change your VC project settings to use a multi-threaded version of the
        C-runtime (multi-threaded [DLL] / debug multi-threaded [DLL]).

        - Dale.