Re: Re: boomerang golf

  • richard harrison
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 19, 2012

      Re: boomerang golf

      Posted by: "Fred Malmberg" fmalmb@...   fmalmb

      Dear Talkers,Does anyone imagine how tough this game would be, if played by the rules stated? A balloon is typically tethered by a string, and is not rigidly placed near anything. It will move, if pushed, rather than burst. You would also need

      Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:10 pm (PDT)

      years ago, I used a hula hoop as a throwing spot marker....one day,with several others on the field we attempted to
      throw our rangs thru the hoop, not as it lay on the ground. OH, no, we'd toss the thing up high and a thrower would
      attempt to throw thru the loop.

      we soon tired of that game...then someone had a BIG GULP drink....we tried hitting it.  another tuff game.

      we soon returned to hitting ourselves:)

      rich harrison-the boomerangman
      Hewitt Music Bldg
      1504 Lamy Ln
      Monroe, LA 71201

      Giving Fast,Personal Service since 1975.

      "Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life."
      Confucius

    • victor poulin
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 19, 2012
        Hey there Gary,   For most that don't know. Gary is my brother from another mother and we all know there is a good bro and a bad bro hahaha. Ok, so I'm the bad apple ;) I'll try and use a Kylie for the dangerous stuff from now one. Would be cheaper for me than busting all my good returners :)    best,   Vic P

        To: Boomerang_Talk@yahoogroups.com
        From: broadboom@...
        Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 15:43:49 +0000
        Subject: RE: [Boomerang_Talk] Re: boomerang golf

        Hi Vic,  I must disagree.  Anytime you portray the boomerang, other that you being the target, is not portraying the boomerang properly in the general public eyes.  It is OK to have the boomerang in a trick shot that it comes back and lands in a basketball hoop near you as an amazing feat,  but throwing at targets or trying to hit something out in front of you, sets us all back on educating the public and promoting the sport.  Leave that to the Kylie throwers of the world and make sure we differentiate between the two.    Gary

        From: fmalmb@...
        Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 04:10:25 +0000
        Subject: [Boomerang_Talk] Re: boomerang golf

        Dear Talkers,

        Does anyone imagine how tough this game would be, if played by the rules stated? A balloon is typically tethered by a string, and is not rigidly placed near anything. It will move, if pushed, rather than burst. You would also need a boom with longer distance than the object actually is, and to try to intersect your longer distance boom path with the shorter distance target. And, if someone actually hits it, you'd have to stop and reposition another exactly sized balloon in exactly the same place, for the next thrower. Wow.

        Oh, and then you'd have to deal with Gary "boomerangs are NOT weapons" Broadbent. Did Aborigines throw at inflated animal bladders? And, if so, where did they get lighter than air gases?

        Best wishes,

        Fred "A mind is a terrible thing to waste" M.

        --- In Boomerang_Talk@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Steigman" <psteigman@...> wrote:

        > Anyone up for boomerang golf?
        >
        > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/0OdhT_e42HoJJmKwnNcREugAlo3bZPima6-XhjryvbpWUON
        > e6QyQKVxaosB9RuV21oqzhggo6NcLzgXuOrZ7Cw/boomergolf.jpg

        53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
        consumerproducts.com