Butterfly boomerang lessons

  • gregcourtneyart
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2013
      Hello ,
      I finally got around to making some new videos . I gave lessons to well over a thousand kids over 2 months at the butterfly show in Cincinnati. I regret I didn't tape the Monarchs in cascade ( throwing several back to back creating the appearance of a real Monarch swarm). This video shows a very young girl of about 6 who had an incredible arm .When she started throwing the first 3 came back perfectly .I joked she must be a reincarnated boomerang master.Most children struggle at first but she was the rare exception .Sadly her first throws where not filmed. This shows a little bit what it was like afterwards. You don't get a sense that these hover at all but they do when thrown with more spin by older kids . The grassy area is very small hence very short flights of 20-35 feet on average . I would have 3-4 throwers at a time every 40 feet when crowded. I really enjoyed doing these lessons and putting on short distance shows.They shipped all the butterflies and let them loose in Florida at the shows end.
      Greg C.

      http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RN_DW05TSwk