129FW: Flash video without the mouse

  • Allen Kleiman
    Feb 17, 2009
      FW: Flash video without the mouse

      From:   Susan Kleiman [mailto:susank@...]
      Sent:   Tuesday, February 17, 2009 10:11 AM
      To:     Bookfutures@yahoogroups.com
      Subject:        Flash video without the mouse

      Dear Friends:
      I use a screen reader (Jaws) because I cannot see. Recently companies, e.g., MIT has been putting videos into Adobe Flash Player instead of Real Player and Microsoft video player and others.

      This is because the Adobe is more powerful and contains much of the logic for presenting video.

      My problem is that with my screen reader, using, e.g., tab keys I do not know where I am when navigating a video presentation or initialization of the same. The screen reader does not tell me where the focus is as the Flash Player is nOT sending me that info.

      Can anyone help?

      Allen