      Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 1:43 PM
      Subject: [Bookfutures] News: Hachette buys French ebook supplier

      Anyone know much about Numilog?

      From today's Publishers Lunch:

      Hachette Livre has agreed on terms to purchase Numilog, the top online
      catalogue of French language books and the main delivery system of
      multi-format e-books in France. The company calls it "an important step in
      [their] digital strategy. With Numilog, Hachette Livre takes on an
      infrastructure that will enable it to distribute books published by its own
      imprints as well as by third-party publishers in a variety of digital
      formats, with each content provider retaining control of its files."

      CEO Arnaud Nourry adds, "Numilog's know-how, as a leader on the French
      market, will be an important asset for Hachette Livre with respect to key
      links of the digital value chain: conversion, storage, protection,
      distribution and billing. We will offer bookstores showing interest an
      opportunity to set up their own platform."

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic