Paula's February

  • ladyhawk5002001
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 2, 2013
      I read 5 books and listened to 1 or a total of 6 this month:

      Two Little Girls in Blue - Mary Higgins Clark - A- 3 year old twins are abducted and held for ransom. When it's paid only 1 of the girls is returned and they are told the other is dead but the twins are communicating.

      Peppermint Twisted - Sammi Carter B+ Abby is working with the Guild to organize the summer festival. The lead person is fired by the mayor and placed a wealthy tyrant in her place. Abby is asked to talk to Felicity which doesn't go in a good way. The next morning Felicity is found in the parking lot of Divinity which Abby owns and Abby is the prime suspect.

      Valentine Murder - Leslie Meier B+ Lucy is a new director for the library and when she goes for her first meeting, Bitsy, the librarian is late starting the children's reading group. Lucy looks for her and finds her shot to death.

      Miss Peregrine's Home for Wayward Children - Ransom Riggs - B- I enjoyed the beginning of this book but it had more fantasy involved than I like.

      Cutting for Stone - Abraham Verghese - A - Twin brothers are born to a nun and a doctor father. Their mother dies in childbirth and their father is too devastated to care for the boys. They are raised by Hema and Ghosh. Marion becomes a surgeon like his father and Shiva becomes a doctor under the tutelage of Hema.

      AUDIO:

      Hand of Fate - Lis Wiehl - B Jack Fate a provocative radio personality is killed while in the studio by a mysterious powder substance. The Triple Threat girls are on the case trying to find her killed him.

      Paula, CO

    • Michelle Sauer
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 3, 2013
        I listened to 2 Little Girls in Blue. I really enjoyed it. Kind of sad though.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 3, 2013
          It was sad Michelle but a good read. : )

          Paula, CO

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • ladyhawk5002001
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 2, 2014
            I was able to read 5 books this month:

            Lost Lake - Sarah Addison Allen - A+ - I loved this new book by Allen, it left me with such a warm feeling.

            The Little Giant of Aberdeen County - Tiffany Baker - Audio - A - This was a coming of age story told from the view of Truly, whose mother died soon after her birth. Truly was a large child and younger sister to a beautiful small sister. It's the dynamics of sisters treated differently in a small town.

            Dove in the Window - Earlene Fowler - B+ - A young photographer is found dead on the Harper ranch after a large family reunion. There are a number of suspects but Benni sets out to find the truth before her ex-brother in law is charged.

            The Husband's Secret - Liane Moriarty - B- - I just couldn't relate to this book, too many things just didn't add up for me.

            Wheel of Darkness - Preston/Child - B - I love this series but much of this book was unbelievable to me. I'll continue, you can't hit on every book.

            Paula, CO