Paula's November

  • starwarriorsmom@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 5, 2012
      Another month gone and I almost forgot to post my list for November. I read 5 books and listened to 1 for a total of 6:

      Hard Truth - Nevada Barr - A

      A Lion Called Christian - Anthony Bourke & John Randell - A+

      Smokin' Seventeen - Janet Evanovich - B-

      The Year of Living Biblically - A J Jacobs - B+

      Stranded - Lorena McCourtney - A

      AUDIO :

      The Last Lie - Stephen White - B

      Paula, CO

    • ladyhawk5002001
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 2, 2013
        I read 6 books this month, 2 were audio:

        The Lodger - Marie Belloc Lowndes  A - This was a story written about Jack the Ripper but from his lodgers point of view. I enjoyed it.

        Hide in Plain Sight - Marta Perry - B+ - Andrea returns home to help her sister and grandmother open a B & B near Amish country.

        Please Look After Mom - Kyung-Sook Shin - B+ (audio) After their Mom disappears, each child and father tell what she meant to them

        The Last Song - Nicholas Sparks - A - Another tear jerker. I love his books.

        Rogue - Danielle Steel - B  - A divorced couple who share 3 children but Maxine takes care of the kids while her ex, Blake, jet sets across the world.

        A Wrongful Death - Kate Wilhelm (audio)  - B -  A woman in hiding from her husband and his family is murdered and Barbara looks into what happened.

        Paula, CO
      • ladyhawk5002001
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2014
          I was able to finish 4 this month, 3 books and 1 audio:

          NOTORIOUS NINETEEN - Janet Evanovich - B+ - Always enjoy these books

          BEYOND BELIEF - Jenna Miscavige Hill - A - NF - This was an interesting look at the inner workings of Scientology by the niece of the person who runs it.

          TURKEY DAY MURDER - Leslie Meier - B+ - fun cozy that took place during Thanksgiving so a fun read.

          MAGIC CITY - Jewell Parker Rhodes - Audio - A - This was based on a true event that happened in the 1920's in Oklahoma City. A young white woman worked on her father's farm as well as an elevator operator in a downtown hotel. Joe is a young black man whose father owns a bank but prefers to shine shoes. He rides the elevator instead of taking the stairs one day after Mary has had a traumatic experience. She screams for no reason but everyone thinks Joe has raped her.

          Paula, CO

        • Lorraine
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 3, 2014

            Good post. Like this version of sharing the books you've read.
            Thanks,
            Lorraine

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 4, 2014
              Thanks Lorraine.  : )