New Additions To The TBR Pile In January

  • Sherri
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
      Do you remember that New Year's resolution I made to read more books than I acquire? LOLOLOLOLOL Sherri, you are a funny, deluded yes, but funny girl. I'm off to a great start on breaking that resolution, but what the hell. Can't turn my back on these homeless books, now could I? What kind of bibliophile would that make me?

      You Had Me At Goodbye by Tracey Bateman

      Description: Everything is on the line for aspiring editorial diva Dancy Ames when she's fired by her publisher. Could this be the time to risk it all on her writing career--and maybe even love?

      Dancy Ames has an enemy: Jack Quinn. The man who swoops in, steals her dream job at Lane Publishing, and fires her, saying she just doesn't have what it takes to be an editor. Now that she's unemployed, Dancy must find a new career. Coffee barista, English teacher, literary agent. Hmm. Maybe she'll write a novel--a nasty invective, featuring a relentless job-stealing, coffee-drinking stalker who falls in love with a coffee barista. She's got time on her hands, so when her friends dare her to send Jack a proposal, under an assumed name, she takes them up on it. If he likes it, she'll have her ultimate revenge. But what will she do when it turns out that Jack is interested in her book--and maybe more?

      This Charming Man by Marian Keyes

      Description: With This Charming Man, Marian Keyes hits her stride as a novelist with her best novel yet, telling the stories of four women who are shaped by one man

      Paddy de Courcy is Ireland's debonair politician, the "John F. Kennedy Jr. of Dublin." His charm and charisma have taken hold of the country and the tabloids, not to mention our four heroines: Lola, Grace, Marnie, and Alicia. But though Paddy's winning smile is fooling Irish minds, the broken hearts he's left in his past offer a far more truthful look into his character.

      Narrated in turn by each woman, This Charming Man explores how their love for this one man has shaped their lives. But in true Marian Keyes fashion, this is more than a story of four love affairs. It's a testament to the strength women find in themselves through work, friendship, and family, no matter what demons may be haunting their lives. Depression, self-doubt, domestic abuse—each of these women has seen tough times in life, and it's through Keyes's wonderful storytelling ability that these subjects are approached with the appropriate tone and candor. Her deft touch provides a gripping story and, ultimately, a redemptive ending.

      The Chocolate Lover's Club by Carole Matthews

      Some women are addicted to shopping. Others can't get enough of champagne. But there's one thing that Lucy Lombard can't live without, and that's chocolate --- rich, creamy, delicious chocolate. Sharing her passion are three other addicts: Autumn, Nadia, and Chantal. Together they form a select group known as the Chocolate Lovers' Club. Whenever there's a crisis, they meet in their sanctuary, a cafe called Chocolate Heaven, and with a cheating boyfriend, a flirtatious boss, a gambling husband, and a loveless marriage, there's always plenty to discuss. By turns hilarious and heartrending, The Chocolate Lovers' Club brings together four unforgettable women from totally different worlds united in their passion for chocolate.

      The 8th Confession by James Patterson

      Description: As San Francisco's most glamorous millionaires mingle at the party of the year, someone is watching--waiting for a chance to take vengeance on Isa and Ethan Bailey, the city's most celebrated couple. Finally, the killer pinpoints the ideal moment, and it's the perfect murder. Not a trace of evidence is left behind in their glamorous home.

      As Detective Lindsay Boxer investigates the high-profile murder, someone else is found brutally executed--a preacher with a message of hope for the homeless. His death nearly falls through the cracks, but when reporter Cindy Thomas hears about it, she knows the story could be huge. Probing deeper into the victim's history, she discovers he may not have been quite as saintly as everyone thought.

      As the hunt for two criminals tests the limits of the Women's Murder Club, Lindsay sees sparks fly between Cindy and her partner, Detective Rich Conklin. The Women's Murder Club now faces its toughest challenge: will love destroy all that four friends have built? The exhilarating new chapter in the Women's Murder Club series, The 8th Confession serves up a double dose of speed-charged twists and shocking revelations as only James Patterson can.

      Permed To Death by Nancy J. Cohen

      Description: Marla was already having a bad hair day, but when one of her clients dies while getting a perm at her salon, her day just can't get any worse... until the smugly competent Detective Vail accuses her of poisoning the wealthy widow's coffee creamer! Granted, Bertha Kravitz was hardly her favorite customer, but Marla could have never murdered the ornery woman. Now it's up to the savvy stylist to find out just who did. With a dollop of humor and a dab of suspense, Nancy J. Cohen introduces a sassy, stylish sleuth as Marla leads readers on a dizzyingly fast-paced romp in this satisfying first installment of The Bad Hair Day mysteries.

      Innocent In Death by J.D. Robb

      Description: The death of history teacher Craig Foster devastated his young wife, who'd sent him off to work that morning with a lovingly packed lunch. It shocked his colleagues at the Upper West Side private school. And as for the ten-year-old girls who found him in his classroom in a pool of bodily fluids, they may have been traumatized for life.

      Lieutenant Eve Dallas, of course, is more hardened to murder cases. And this is clearly a murder case. That lovingly packed lunch was tainted with deadly ricin. And Mr. Foster's colleagues, shocked as they may be, have some shocking secrets of their own. It's Eve's job to get a feel for all the potential suspects, and find out why someone would have done this to a man who seemed so inoffensive, so pleasant...so innocent.

      Now Magdelana Percell - there's someone Eve can picture as a murder victim. Possibly at Eve's own hands. The slinky blonde - an old flame of her billionaire husband, Roarke, from his days on the wrong side of the law - has turned up in New York, and she's anything but innocent. Unfortunately, Roarke seems blind to Magdelana's manipulation, but not to her shapely figure and flirtatious ways. And he insists that the occasional lunch or business meeting with her is nothing to worry about...and none of Eve's business. Eve's so unnerved by the situation that she finds it hard to focus on the Foster case. Still, she'll have to put aside her anger, jealousy, and heartbreak, for a while at least - because another man has just turned up dead, and the case is taking some strange turns and hitting some frustrating dead ends.

      Eve knows all too well that innocence can be a facade. Keeping that in mind may help her solve this case at last. But it may also tear apart her marriage.

      50 Ways To Hex Your Lover by Linda Wisdom

      Jasmine Tremaine is a witch who can't stay out of trouble.

      Nikolai Gregorivich is a drop-dead gorgeous vampire cop on the trail of a serial killer.

      The sizzling love affair between Jazz and Nick has been off-again-on-again-for about 300 years. Mostly off, lately. But now Nick needs Jazzs help, and while Jazz and Nick try to figure out their own hearts and resist their ever-increasing attraction, they must steer clear of a maniacal killer with super-supernatural powers. They are surrounded by a hilarious cast of oddball paranormal characters, including Norma, the chain-smoking ghost who haunts Jazzs sports car, Dweezil, her ghoul of a boss, and Fluff and Puff, a pair of bunny slippers with sharp teeth and short tempers (watch your ankles)!

      Sherri
      Currently reading WIFE IN THE FAST LANE by Karen Quinn & listening to INNOCENT IN DEATH by J.D. Robb

      Up Next:    MURDER BETWEEN THE COVERS by Elaine Viets

      What am I babbling about?
      http://sharalsthoughtsandramblings.blogspot.com/
      http://myspace.com/sharalsbooks

      See the books I have set free at:
      http://bookcrossing.com/referral/sharalsbooks

      Swap Your Paperback Books - PaperBackSwap.com

    • Cassie
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
        Beware! For here there be spoilers...

        It's set in Boston, circa 1918-19. The central focus is supposed to be on two characters, one black and one white. In the beginning, the chapters alternate between the two. When they finally meet, there isn't as clear a distinction and then new characters begin to have the limelight. The latter half of the book started to fall apart for me a little at that point, to be honest. Part of the time, I'd think: why are we reading about <i>you</i>? In one way, I could understand because these characters played a part in what happened later but ... maybe it would have been better to focus on them more from the beginning?

        Anyway...

        Luther Laurence is black and hails from the midwest. He and his long time sweetheart are expecting a baby and he's laid off. They have to move to her relatives' to make a new start and they marry. Unfortunately, Luther falls in with some shady characters and eventually has to make a run for his life. He goes from Oklahoma to Boston, Massachusetts.

        Danny Coughlin is a dedicated young cop. His father's a police captain and his brother is an assistant district attorney. He was involved with Nora, who holds a sort of mysterious role in the family--not quite servant, not quite family. In the beginning, he is all about being a public servant and has no interest whatsoever in unions or other forms of "Bolshevism".

        Luther and Danny meet and become friends because Luther ends up working for the Coughlin family.

        I really liked Luther's character. He is basically a decent, hard working young man who just wants to do right for himself and his family. He's constantly battered by racial bigotry and a couple of really evil, ugly characters. The first one he encounters in Oklahoma. The second, a police lieutenant, is by far a particularly nasty villain. I shudder just thinking about the guy.

        On the other hand, I didn't care much for Danny. I suppose he's just a reflection of his times but I found him to be something of a hypocrite and weakling at first. He is moony over Nora--but the reason they're not together is because of her "sordid" past. He wants a "respectable" woman. Nora was sold to her husband "in the old sod" at the age of thirteen. She abandoned him to run to America. It turns out later she also abandoned a stepson. Well ... so? But the way Danny (and later, the whole family) carries on about this "sordidness" made me sick.

        The other issue I had with Danny was his feelings about the police union. He was such a "company" man his father and godfather trusted him to infiltrate "Bolsheviki" groups and report back to his superiors with information. Along the way, though, Danny learns that all protestors are not terrorists. He becomes active in the labor movement for policemen. All that in less than a year. Really? Amazing.

        All of these characters and events are moving toward one big cataclysm. There are some very powerful scenes there.

        Throughout all of this, there is a thread: Babe Ruth. Actually, it's pretty cool the way Lehane adds in snippets from Babe Ruth's story and his rise to fame.

        All in all, a very good book that I would recommend highly to anyone who likes to read, especially historical fiction!

        Cassie

        Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

        --Maria Robinson

      • Sherri
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2011
          With the acquisition of my Nook, I am actually making more space by letting go
          of the paper format books as I acquire them in Nook format. Also, two of these
          new additions were actually audiobook downloads so no space lost either. It's
          all good, right? :o)

          Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich

          whom, each said to represent one of the Seven Deadly Sins.

          For centuries, treasure hunters have been eager to possess the stones,
          undeterred by their corrupting nature. The list is long -- Genghis Khan,
          Alexander the Great, Napoleon, to name a few. Now the Stones have found their
          way to Salem, Massachusetts, and so has Gerwulf Grimoire, adding himself to this
          rogues' gallery of power seekers. He's an uncommonly dangerous man, with a
          hunger for the forbidden, and a set of abilities that are way beyond ordinary.
          Abilities that he feels entitle him to possess anything he might desire.

          That would include Elizabeth Tucker, the woman he needs to find the Stones.
          She's freshly transplanted from New York City to Boston's North Shore. With a
          new job as pastry chef at Dazzle's bakery and an old house inherited from her
          Aunt Ophelia, her life is pretty much on track …until it's suddenly derailed by
          a guy named Diesel, a rude monkey, and a ninja cat.

          Lizzy can handle the monkey and the cat. She's not sure about Diesel. He's
          offering up his own set of unusual talents, promising to protect her from
          Grimoire. The kind of protection that Lizzy suspects might involve guarding her
          body day and night.

          The Seven Deadly Sins are pride, greed, lust, envy wrath, sloth and gluttony.
          That pretty much covers everything that is wicked. Diesel thinks it also pretty
          much covers everything that's fun. And Lizzy thinks Diesel and the Seven Deadly
          Sins cover everything her mother warned her about.

          When Blood Calls by J.K. Beck

          finds out that she must now prosecute vampires and werewolves. The first
          defendant she’ll be trying to put away? Lucius Dragos, the sexy stranger with
          whom she recently shared an explosive night of ecstasy.

          When Lucius kisses a beautiful woman sitting next to him at the bar, he’s hoping
          only to avoid the perceptive gaze of the man he’s planning to kill. But what
          starts as a simple kiss ignites into an all-consuming passion. Charged with
          murder, Luke knows that Sara is determined to see him locked away—unless he can
          convince her that he’s not a monster. And that might mean making the ultimate
          sacrifice.

          The Chocolate Lovers Diet by Carole Matthews

          1. Take deep breaths
          2. Count to ten
          3. Eat chocolate

          When the four members of The Chocolate Lovers' Club call an emergency meeting
          they go straight to step 3.

          Lucy Lombard thought her 'Happily Ever After' was all sewn up with her gorgeous
          boss Aidan, but she's just caught him in bed with another woman. As always,
          she's not the only one with problems - Autumn's new boyfriend has yet to meet
          her parents, Nadia's husband swears he's given up gambling but she just can't
          trust him, and Chantal is hoping to save her marriage, but not in quite the way
          she'd expected. It's clear these girls are going to need a lot of chocolate.

          Baby Proof by Emily Giffin

          carriage? Isnt that what all women want? Not so for Claudia Parr. And just as
          she gives up on finding a man who feels the same way, she meets warm, wonderful
          Ben. Things seem too good to be true when they fall in love and agree to buck
          tradition with a satisfying, child-free marriage. Then the unexpected occurs:
          one of them has a change of heart. One of them wants children after all.

          This is the witty, heartfelt story about what happens to the perfect couple when
          they suddenly want different things. Its about feeling that your life is set and
          then realizing that nothing is as you thought it was- and that there is no
          possible compromise. Its about deciding what is most important in life, and
          taking chances to get it. But most of all, its about the things we will do- and
          wont do- for love.

          Sherri
          Currently reading HAVE YOU SEEN HER? by Karen Rose & listening to DEATH
          PERCEPTION by Victoria Laurie

          Up Next: LOVE THE ONE YOU'RE WITH by Emily Giffin

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 31, 2012
            2012 is off and running and here we are approaching the end of January already. Yes, it's that time of year when Valentine's Day is looming around the corner and everywhere you look in the stores, you see it. {insert eye roll here} Don't even get me started on the fact I was in J.C. Penney the other day looking at jeans and I noticed they have bikinis out right next to the winter coats...makes me want to just crawl into a book and read until the insanity goes away. Here are the titles I acquired in January that will hopefully take my mind off how fast time flies and how I so DO NOT need to see bikinis going on sale in January...

            Married With Zombies by Jesse Petersen

            Meet Sarah and David.

            Once upon a time they met and fell in love. But now they're on the verge of divorce and going to couples' counseling. On a routine trip to their counselor, they notice a few odd things - the lack of cars on the highway, the missing security guard, and the fact that their counselor, Dr. Kelly, is ripping out her previous client's throat.

            Meet the Zombies.

            Now, Sarah and David are fighting for survival in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. But, just because there are zombies, doesn't mean your other problems go away. If the zombies don't eat their brains, they might just kill each other.

            Fantasy In Death by J.D. Robb

            Bart Minnock, founder of the computer-gaming giant U-Play, enters his private playroom, and eagerly can't wait to lose himself in an imaginary world, to play the role of a sword-wielding warrior king, in his company's latest top-secret project, Fantastical.

            The next morning, he is found in the same locked room, in a pool of blood, his head separated from his body. It is the most puzzling case Eve Dallas has ever faced, and it is not a game. . . .

            NYPSD Lieutenant Eve Dallas is having as much trouble figuring out how Bart Minnock was murdered as who did the murdering. The victim's girlfriend seems sincerely grief-stricken, and his quirky-but-brilliant partners at U-Play appear equally shocked. No one seemed to have a prob­lem with the enthusiastic, high-spirited millionaire. Of course, success can attract jealousy, and gaming, like any business, has its fierce rivalries and dirty tricks-as Eve's husband, Roarke, one of U- Play's competitors, knows well. But Minnock was not naive, and quite capable of fighting back in the real world as well as the virtual one.

            Eve and her team are about to enter the next level of police work, in a world where fantasy is the ultimate seduction-and the price of defeat is death. . . .

            Seattle Girl by Lucy Kevin

            Description: The first time Georgia Fulton gets behind a microphone at her college radio station (because of a guy, of course...), she's hooked. Who would have thought she'd ever find a potential job where a boss would appreciate her big mouth? But being a smart-mouth doesn't necessarily keep her from getting hurt by one (smoking hot) jerk after another. With help from her friends - and loyal listeners - will Georgia finally figure out the real deal about guys, sex, love...and maybe even herself?

            Sherri

            Currently reading SEATTLE GIRL by Lucy Kevin & listening to  FANTASY IN DEATH by J.D. Robb

            Up Next: THE APPEAL by John Grisham

            What am I babbling about? Check out my blog:
            http://sharalsthoughtsandramblings.blogspot.com/

            http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1318571455%c2%a0

            See the books I have set free at:
            http://bookcrossing.com/referral/sharalsbooks

            Swap Your Paperback Books - PaperBackSwap.com

          • Michelle Sauer
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2012
              I know what you mean aobut seeing bathing suits in January. I saw them at Target a few weeks ago. Can we at least get through the winter before those start coming out?

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 3, 2013
                2013 is off to a pretty good start with the arrivals of these new titles. Unfortunately, 2013 has gotten off to a bumpy start. Two titles I tried to read in January, I ended up giving up on, so that's a little disheartening. Hopefully, this is a temporary hitch.

                Title: The Reformed Vampire Support Group by Catherine Jinks

                Description: Think vampires are romantic, sexy, and powerful? Think again. Vampires are dead. And unless they want to end up staked, they have to give up fanging people, admit their addiction, join a support group, and reform themselves.

                Nina Harrison, fanged at fifteen and still living with her mother, hates the Reformed Vampire Support Group meetings every Tuesday night. Even if she does appreciate Dave, who was in a punk band when he was alive, nothing exciting ever happens. That is, until one of group members is mysteriously destroyed by a silver bullet. With Nina (determined to prove that vamps aren't useless or weak) and Dave (secretly in love with Nina) at the helm, the misfit vampires soon band together to track down the hunter, save a werewolf, and keep the world safe from the likes of themselves.

                The perfect anecdote to slick vampire novels, this murder-mystery comedy of errors will thrill fans of Evil Genius.

                Title: Heaven Is For Real by Todd Burpo

                When Colton Burpo made it through an emergency appendectomy, his family was overjoyed at his miraculous survival. What they weren't expecting, though, was the story that emerged in the months that followed--a story as beautiful as it was extraordinary, detailing their little boy's trip to heaven and back.

                Colton, not yet four years old, told his parents he left his body during the surgery-and authenticated that claim by describing exactly what his parents were doing in another part of the hospital while he was being operated on. He talked of visiting heaven and relayed stories told to him by people he met there whom he had never met in life, sharing events that happened even before he was born. He also astonished his parents with descriptions and obscure details about heaven that matched the Bible exactly, though he had not yet learned to read.

                With disarming innocence and the plainspoken boldness of a child, Colton tells of meeting long-departed family members. He describes Jesus, the angels, how "really, really big" God is, and how much God loves us. Retold by his father, but using Colton's uniquely simple words, "Heaven Is for Real" offers a glimpse of the world that awaits us, where as Colton says, "Nobody is old and nobody wears glasses."

                "Heaven Is for Real" will forever change the way you think of eternity, offering the chance to see, and believe, like a child.

                Dead Connection by Alafair Burke

                Description: In this electrifying thriller, a rookie detective goes undercover on the Internet dating scene to draw out a serial killer targeting single women in Manhattan

                When two young women are murdered on the streets of New York, exactly one year apart, Detective Ellie Hatcher is called up for a special assignment on the homicide task force. The killer has left behind a clue connecting the two cases to First Date, a popular online dating service, and Flann McIlroy, an eccentric, publicity-seeking homicide detective, is convinced that only Ellie can help him pursue his terrifying theory: someone is using the lure of the Internet and the promise of love to launch a killing spree against the women of New York City.

                To catch the killer, Ellie must enter a high-tech world of stolen identities where no one is who they appear to be. And for her, the investigation quickly becomes personal: she fits the profile of the victims, and she knows firsthand what pursuing a sociopath can do to a cop--back home in Wichita, Kansas, her father lost his life trying to catch a notorious serial murderer.

                When the First Date killer begins to mimic the monster who destroyed her father, Ellie knows the game has become personal for him, too. Both hunter and prey, she must find the killer before he claims his next victim--who could very well be her.

                Expertly plotted and perfectly paced, Dead Connection advances Alafair Burke to the front ranks of American thriller writers.

                The Wicked Wager by Anya Wylde

                The ton approves, Lord Grey is pleased, Lady Grey delighted, and Emma is over the moon, but her uncle, (the blasted) Duke of Arden opposes the match, and Emma is ordered to move to the duke’s estate to think things over.

                Richard Hamilton refuses to take things lying down and concocts a plan. A plan that should have brought the lovers together and had them married within a month. It was a simple matter of masquerading as the duke’s gardener, compromising the lady, and then having the duke rush them off to Gretna Green.

                Alas, he underestimates the duke’s intelligence and the tangled situation on the estate—never had he imagined that compromising a lady could be so difficult.

                His endeavours lead to a comedy of errors, charades, and knotty love affairs. Yet he forges ahead in spite of pesky house guests, a flea bitten mattress, his lovesick best friend, and a blackmailer.

                Just when things seem to be going well, someone is murdered (very inconvenient), and he happens to be one of the suspects (extremely inconvenient).

                His simple plan for winning the wager suddenly becomes … a tad complicated.

                Sherri

                Currently reading HAUNTED by Kelley Armstrong and listening to SCREAM FOR ME by Karen Rose

                Up Next: DELUSION IN DEATH by J.D. Robb

                What am I babbling about? Check out my blog:
                http://sharalsthoughtsandramblings.blogspot.com/

                Reading has made me a world traveler!  See where I've been:
                https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=203147106680858478430.0004c36fa0d3cec639871&msa=0&ll=56.36525,-99.492187&spn=116.517147,316.054688%c2%a0

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 18, 2013
                  I have Heaven is for real, and can't wait to read the book.

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 3, 2014
                    A New Year begins with a bang and I am off to a good start with new book additions!

                    Title: Second Chance by Martha O'Sullivan
                    Description: Lindsay Foster has convinced herself that marrying Paul Webster is the right thing to do. But now that Brian Rembrandt is standing in front of her again, undressing her with his eyes, she finds herself torn between the life she's always wanted and the man she'll always love.

                    Brian's up for that fight; he's used to getting what he wants. And he's never met a rule, or a woman, that couldn't be broken. So when Lindsay won’t come to him, he goes to her.

                    But it's more complicated than that.

                    This love triangle has an extra side. Lindsay's best friend Moira Brody has a game-changing secret. And she's not the only one. The chain of events set in motion on the tranquil shores of Lake Tahoe come to an astonishing end on a foggy San Francisco night. And alter the course of four lives forever.

                    Title: The Book Of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern

                    Tamara Goodwin has everything she ever wanted and she never has to think about tomorrow. But suddenly her world is turned upside down and she has to leave her glamorous city life for a new one in the country. However, Tamara is soon lonely and longing to return home.

                    Then a travelling library arrives in the village, bringing with it a mysterious leather-bound book locked with a gold clasp and padlock. What Tamara discovers within its pages takes her breath away and everything starts to change in the most unexpected of ways...

                    Title: The Search by Nora Roberts
                    Description: The #1 New York Times-bestselling author presents a riveting novel where a canine search and rescue volunteer fights danger and finds love in the Pacific Northwest wilderness.

                    To most people, Fiona Bristow seems to have an idyllic life-a quaint house on an island off Seattle's coast, a thriving dog-training school, and a challenging volunteer job performing canine search and rescues. Not to mention her three intensely loyal Labs. But Fiona got to this point by surviving a nightmare...

                    Several years ago, Fiona was the only survivor of the Red Scarf serial killer, who shot and killed Fiona's cop fiancé and his K-9 partner.

                    On Orcas Island, Fiona found the peace and solitude she needed to rebuild her life. But all that changes on the day Simon Doyle barrels up her drive, desperate for her help. He's the reluctant owner of an out-of-control puppy, foisted upon him by his mother. Jaws has eaten through Simon's house, and he's at his wit's end.

                    To Fiona, Jaws is nothing she can't handle. Simon, however, is another matter. A newcomer to Orcas, he's a rugged and in-tensely private artist, known for the exquisite furniture he creates from wood. Simon never wanted a puppy-and he most definitely doesn't want a woman. Besides, the lanky redhead is not his type. But tell that to his hormones.

                    As Fiona embarks on training Jaws, and Simon begins to appreciate both dog and trainer, the past tears back into Fiona's life. A copycat killer has emerged out of the shadows, a man whose bloodlust has been channeled by a master with one motive: to reclaim the woman who slipped out of his hands...

                    Sherri
                    Currently reading ANGEL'S TIP by Alafair Burke and listening to EVER AFTER by Kim Harrison

                    Up Next:  INTO THE DARKEST CORNER by Elizabeth Haynes