September Reads

  • S
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
      This was a decent reading month for me, and it's been a good reading year so far. Last year I read 49 books, and as September closes I am only 2 books away from that total.

      43) The Buccaneers - Edith Wharton & Marion Mainwaring 4/5 (Classic Lit & ThemClassChall)
      44) Dead Man Running - Rett MacPherson 4/5
      45) Bloodsucking Fiends - Christopher Moore 4/5
      46) You Suck - Christopher Moore 4/5 (Buddy Read - Del)
      47) Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal - Christopher Moore 4/5 (Buddy Read - Del)

      I completed one classic read this month, which makes me happy. I'm trying to broaden my reading horizons.

      I took a break from group reads and read a cozy mystery. To any of you who like genealogy, pick up any of Rett MacPherson's Tory O'Shea series. She's a genealogist & town historian who keeps running into dead bodies. Naturally, the people end up dead due to something in their family history that Tory digs up.

      My last 3 reads this month were all comedies - 2 about vampires & 1 is a take on what Jesus' life was like from age 6 on. It was a little blasphemous, but it was still hilarious all the same. None of us can truly guess what His life was like, so I like to believe that he had a goofy & sinful friend like Biff.

      My favorite book quote of the month:

      *Jody: "I'm Irish, you know. Ever since the Great Potato Famine my people get nervous if they don't eat French fries every few days." (Bloodsucking Fiends)

      I'm currently reading The Disappearance of Lyndsey Barratt by John Wilson. It's one heck of a psychological thriller, but not for the sensitive. It's a great read, though. I'm glad I decided on it before my next group read.

      October promises to be an excellent month for reading. I'm on vacation & plan to read as much as I can when I'm not organizing Mount TBR.

      Susan K.