Re: [BookCrossing] New Official BookCrossing Zone!

  • Lori B
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
      My suggestion would be to do a search on meetup.com.

      That is how I found locals who are involved with
      bookcrossing.

    • Phyllis Levy
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
        TY for the tip!
        Currently reading A BONE OF CONTENTION by Susanna
        Gregory
        Her Matthew Bartholomew Chronicles are mysteries set
        in England in the 1300's. If you like history and
        mystery, try one.
        --- Lori B <pat13nce@...> wrote:

        > My suggestion would be to do a search on meetup.com.
        >
        > That is how I found locals who are involved with
        > bookcrossing.

        PJ. Levy
        Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

      • Lori B
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
          Thanks.

          I will have to check that book out.

          Was never one for History - but something after the
          age of 30 has me interested. As for mystery. I love
          it. Wish I has more of it.

          :)

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 2, 2007
            There is one in Mt. Clemens at a coffee house. I just can't recall the name
            of it at the moment.
            Becky in Michigan

            On 7/31/07, Phyllis Levy <pj42read@...> wrote:

            > How brave of you! Sounds like you have thought of just
            > about everything, but there aren't any OBCZs in my
            > area that I know of (anybody heard of any in the
            > northwest subrubs of Detroit?) so I have no advice,
            > just a bit of cheerleading for you - PJ.
            > --- Dorraine <GateGypsy@... <GateGypsy%40gmail.com>> wrote:
            >
            > > I'm starting up a new Official BookCrossing Zone in
            > > Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada.
            > > It will be at the Chilkoot Starbucks (near
            > > Wal-Mart.) The manager there has given
            > > permission to put up signs and start a stash of
            > > books on the colouring-book-slash-
            > > newspaper table. I'm VERY excited!
            > >
            > > I've printed off the OBZ signs from the website, but
            > > is there anything else I need to do? Is
            > > there some part of the site that I have to enter the
            > > address into a database, or something
            > > like that? It was suggested that a new bookcrossing
            > > bookshelf/account be started for the
            > > 'Zone to keep track of what books have been left
            > > there, but I have enough trouble keeping
            > > track of my own shelf! **laughs**
            > >
            > > Is anyone else managing an OBZ? Do you have any
            > > suggestions or pointers for me? I want
            > > to do it right, of course. I would like for this to
            > > be a safe place to leave books, for myself
            > > and for others. I'm particularly shy of
            > > wild-releasing in random places... my very first
            > > wild-release was thrown in the trash, which was
            > > rather put-offish.
            > >
            > > I went out and bought some books last night, so I
            > > could register and release them at the
            > > location today. (I have lots of books already, but
            > > none that I am ready to release, they're
            > > all TBR! So I bought books I've already read
            > > **laughs**)
            > >
            > > I figured, of all the places I could gush about how
            > > excited I am that I can do this, the
            > > bookcrossing yahoo! group would have to be
            > > appropriate **smiles**
            > >
            > > ~RaineSharesBooks/GateGypsy
            > >

            > PJ. Levy
            > Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

            > Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car
            > Finder tool.
            > http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/

          • carlissa.geo
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 18, 2007
              Congrats on you new OBCZ!

              Netstation has a nice site for finding OBCZs at:
              http://homepage.mac.com/pachydomo/geo-noam.htm

              There is a link on that page to send him info on your OBCZ.

              Carlissa