May Reads

  • Michelle
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
      1. Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
      2. Lost Boy by Dave Pelzer
      3. The Broker by John Grisham (audio)
      4. Rabbit is Rich by John Updike
      5. Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

      I think my fave this month was Dandelion Wine! I would consider it a
      must-read!

      Michelle
    • S
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
        May
        25) Marley & Me - John Grogan 3/5
        26) An Angel For Emily - Jude Deveraux 3/5
        27) We're Just Like You, Only Prettier - Celia Rivenbark 3/5
        28) Tangled Web - Judith Michael 4/5
        29) O is for Outlaw - Sue Grafton 2/5
        30) Wide Sargasso Sea - Jean Rhys 2/5

        I had a nice combination of books this month; the biography of a dog, romance, a collection of humorous essays, suspense, mystery and a classic.

        My favorite read, though it wasn't the top scorer, was Marley and Me. It was such an emotional and touching story. It's subtitled as The Story of the World's Worst Dog. However ill-behaved this dog was, he loved with all his heart, and taught his family to do the same. I reccomend it to anyone who loves animals.

        The top scorer was A Tangled Web by Judith Michael. It was so well written, an intricate tale of twin sisters who have lost each other - one sister thinks the other is dead, the other sister has lost her memory due to an accident. To make it more intriguing, the twins had switched lives prior to the accident. The amnesiac suffers from memories of her real life with a husband and kids - memories which she believes are false, as she thinks she is married to another man. The other sister has found love and a family - her sister's husband and children. A great read.

        Hope you all had great reading months as well - though I'm still looking for that perfect read this year!

        Susan
      • clearyfan
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 3, 2007
          The best book was a tie between Endymion Spring, a young adult book
          by Mathew Skelton and The Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard.
          The Boy Who Was Raised by Librarians - a picture book - is a great
          gift for any librarian friends you might have.

          135. Bad Dog Marley – John Grogan
          136. The Trouble With Wishes – Diane Stanley
          137. Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers – Megan
          McDonald
          138. Edwardo: The Horriblest Boy in the Whole Wide World – John
          Burningham
          139. The Interpretation of Murder – Jed Rubenfeld - CD
          140. Ghosthunters and the Muddy Monster of Doom – Cornelia Funke
          141. Endymion Spring – Mathew Skelton
          142. The Wee Free Men – Terry Pratchett - CD
          143. Diary of a Wimpy Kid – Jeff Kinney
          144. Ghost Ship – Mary Higgins Clark
          145. Ivy + Bean and the Ghost That Had To Go – Annie Barrows
          146. The Virgin of Small Plains – Nancy Pickard – CD
          147. Among the Betrayed – Katherine Peterson Haddix
          148. Max and Maddy and the Chocolate Money Mystery – Alexander
          McCall Smith
          149. Physik – Angie Sage
          150. Rainstorm – Barbara Lehman
          151. The Secret History of Tom Trueheart – Ian Beck – CD
          152. Eggs – Jerry Spinelli
          153. The Boy Who Was Raised by Librarians – Carla Morris
          154. Kid Tea – Elizabeth Ficocelli
          155. The Dead Father's Club – Matt Haig – CD
          156. Cooking Up Murder – Miranda Bliss
          157. Murder With Reservations – Elaine Viets
          158. Pretty Little Liars – Flawless – Sara Shepard
          159. Killer Stitch – Maggie Sefton
          160. Silenced by Syrah – Michelle Scott
          161. Say What? – Margaret Peterson Haddix
          162. I'm Still Scared – Tomie DePaola
          163. Why? – Tomie DePaola
          164. Gilda Joyce Psychic Investigator – CD
          165. Among the Barons – Margaret Peterson Haddix
          166. The Cheese by Marge Palatini
        • Brenda Klaassen
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 4, 2007
            I just finished yesterday reading...The Virgin of Small Plains by Nanct Pickard. I was a very fast moving book that I really enjoyed. If others are interested in the book the web site www.virginofsmallplains.com will give you readers reactions. Have a wonderful day everyone!
            Brenda a.k.a. momofap

          • stephanie malaspina
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 4, 2007
              I love everything Nancy Pickard writes-does anyone know any other funny mystery writers-always looking-
              cheers
              steffi

              Brenda Klaassen <klaassenbd@...> wrote:
              I just finished yesterday reading...The Virgin of Small Plains by Nanct Pickard. I was a very fast moving book that I really enjoyed. If others are interested in the book the web site www.virginofsmallplains.com will give you readers reactions. Have a wonderful day everyone!
              Brenda a.k.a. momofap

            • Michelle Sauer
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 5, 2007
                Have you read the Stephanie Plum books by Janet
                Evanovich. The number series?

                --- stephanie malaspina <scotchspaniel@...>
                wrote:

                > I love everything Nancy Pickard writes-does anyone
                > know any other funny mystery writers-always looking-
                > cheers
                > steffi
                >
                > Brenda Klaassen <klaassenbd@...> wrote:
                > I just finished yesterday reading...The
                > Virgin of Small Plains by Nanct Pickard. I was a
                > very fast moving book that I really enjoyed. If
                > others are interested in the book the web site
                > www.virginofsmallplains.com will give you readers
                > reactions. Have a wonderful day everyone!
                > Brenda a.k.a. momofap

                > removed]

                > removed]

                http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/
              • Jennifer
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 5, 2007
                  Janet Evanovich's books a great! Also check out Jennifer Crusie.
                  I've only read one of her books so far (Fast Women) and it was very
                  funny and sort of an accidental mystery. I'm not sure about how
                  "mysterious" her other books are yet, but she's a very quick, easy read.

                  --- In BookCrossing@yahoogroups.com, Michelle Sauer <crzybabe20@...>

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 5, 2007
                    Not yet-Got a couple of english mysteries today at second hand bookstore.
                    Another mystery writer I like is Arthur Upfield, an aussie who writes about a detective who is ab. Well written and culturally interesting.

                    wrote:

                    > I love everything Nancy Pickard writes-does anyone
                    > know any other funny mystery writers-always looking-
                    > cheers
                    > steffi
                    >
                    > Brenda Klaassen <klaassenbd@...> wrote:
                    > I just finished yesterday reading...The
                    > Virgin of Small Plains by Nanct Pickard. I was a
                    > very fast moving book that I really enjoyed. If
                    > others are interested in the book the web site
                    > www.virginofsmallplains.com will give you readers
                    > reactions. Have a wonderful day everyone!
                    > Brenda a.k.a. momofap

                    > removed]

                    > removed]

                    http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/

                  • Michelle Hennis
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 5, 2007
                      Anyone know when the next Stephanie Plum book is due out?

                      Michelle Hennis

                      hennismm@...

                      AIM Name: mahbasket

                      See what I am reading.... http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/hennismm

                      <http://nestlechocolatier.fanspeak.net/?A2491_525332>

                      _____

                      Have you read the Stephanie Plum books by Janet
                      Evanovich. The number series?

                      --- stephanie malaspina <scotchspaniel@ <mailto:scotchspaniel%40yahoo.com>
                      yahoo.com>
                      wrote:

                      > I love everything Nancy Pickard writes-does anyone
                      > know any other funny mystery writers-always looking-
                      > cheers
                      > steffi
                      >
                      > Brenda Klaassen <klaassenbd@yahoo. <mailto:klaassenbd%40yahoo.com> com>
                      wrote:
                      > I just finished yesterday reading...The
                      > Virgin of Small Plains by Nanct Pickard. I was a
                      > very fast moving book that I really enjoyed. If
                      > others are interested in the book the web site
                      > www.virginofsmallplains.com will give you readers
                      > reactions. Have a wonderful day everyone!
                      > Brenda a.k.a. momofap

                      > removed]

                      > removed]

                      Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car
                      Finder tool.
                      http://autos. <http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/> yahoo.com/carfinder/

                    • starwarriorsmom@comcast.net
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 5, 2007
                        I just know that #13 is coming out in pb June 19th. (I only buy them in pb). As for 14, I haven't heard. : )

                        Paula, CO

                        > Anyone know when the next Stephanie Plum book is due out?
                        >

                        > Michelle Hennis
                        >
                        > hennismm@...
                        >
                        > AIM Name: mahbasket
                        >

                        > See what I am reading.... http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/hennismm
                        >

                        > <http://nestlechocolatier.fanspeak.net/?A2491_525332>
                        >
                        > _____

                      • PJ. Levy
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 1, 2009
                          Found a couple of new-to-me writers and that made May an interesting reading month.

                          May 1 – DEATH OF A COZY WRITER – G. M. Malliet
                          May 3 – BORKMANN’S POINT – Hakan Nesser
                          May 3 – DEATH AND THE LIT CHICK – G. M. Malliet
                          May 4 – CREAM PUFF MURDER – Joanne Fluke
                          May 5 – DEATH AT VICTORIA DOCK – Kerry Greenwood
                          May 8 – PORTRAIT OF A LADY – Diane A. S. Stuckart
                          May 9 – RUDDY GORE – Kerry Greenwood
                          May 10 – A MATTER OF JUSTICE - Charles Todd
                          May 11 – TITAN: OVER A TORRENT SEA – Christopher Bennett
                          May 17 – THE FISH KISSER – James Hawkins
                          May 20 – A YEAR LESS A DAY – James Hawkins
                          May 22 – THE DAVE BLISS QUINTET – James Hawkins
                          May 23 – A PLAGUE OF POISON – Maureen Ash
                          May 25 – THE SECRET LIVES OF THE SUSHI CLUB – Christy Yorke
                          May 26 – SINGING BIRD – Roisin McAuley
                          May 27 – THE GREEN MILL MURDER – Kerry Greenwood
                          May 28 – URN BURIAL – Kerry Greenwood
                          May 30 – SHE SHOOTS TO CONQUER – Dorothy Cannell

                          PJ. Levy
                          Grammy for life

                        • stephanie malaspina
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 1, 2009
[...]

                            Messages in this topic (16)

                            Reply (via web post)

                            Start a new topic

                            Messages
                            | Files
                            | Photos
                            | Links
                            | Database
                            | Polls
                            | Members
                            | Calendar

                            Have you told a friend today? http://bookcrossing.com/tellafriend

                            Archives and email list settings:

                            MARKETPLACE

                            $9000/Month at Home. Learn how Part Time, online!.

                            I Get Paid $450/day. Find out How. Part Time!.

                            Mom Power: Discover the community of moms doing more for their families, for the world and for each other

                          • stephanie malaspina
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jun 1, 2009

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jun 23, 2012
                                    Oklahoma Reunion by Tina Radcliffe
                                    Love Inspired
                                    Romance
                                    10/10
                                    279 pages
                                    Library

                                    Everyday Grace by Marianne Williamson
                                    Inspirational
                                    8/10
                                    252 pages
                                    Library

                                    The Last Detective by Robert Crais
                                    Fiction
                                    8/10
                                    337 pages
                                    Own

                                    A Taste Of Texas by Liz Talley
                                    Harlequin Super Romance
                                    10/10
                                    360 pages
                                    Library

                                    Between The Duke And The Deep Blue Sea by Sophia Nash
                                    Historical
                                    Romance
                                    9/10
                                    355 pages