Bookcrossing on Chacha

  • Robotech_Master
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2006
      The other day I signed on as a search guide on the new assisted-search
      engine chacha.com, where guides help searchers find what they're
      looking for. One of the keywords I chose for myself was
      "bookcrossing." I was a bit surprised it was even in the system given
      that you can only search on what has been searched already, but there
      it was. So I added it to my list of topics.

      Subsequently, I received training searches (from other experienced
      guides who were randomly assigned the bookcrossing topic to ask
      about). And, since none of the guides really knew what it was, the
      question was invariably, "What's bookcrossing?" So I got really good
      at calling up bookcrossing.com, bookcrossing.livejournal.com, and the
      Wikipedia entry on Bookcrossing really fast, along with making a
      copy-pastable text blurb, to answer that question.

      So far, every guide who's trained me has been really impressed, with a
      number of them saying, "Hey, that's something I'd really enjoy!"

      So, that's me: popularizing bookcrossing one chacha.com guide at a time.

      Here's more information on chacha.com, from my journal.

      http://www.terrania.us/journal/2006/09/doing-cha-cha.html

      (If anyone who is good at searching would like an invitation to be a
      chacha guide themselves, email me off-list; I'll be happy to send you
      one as long as you're serious about wanting to do it. The pay rate
      isn't huge, but if you're going to be sitting in front of the computer
      all day anyway it's kind of a neat thing to do.)