July Reads (X-post)
29) The Last Cato - Matilde Asensi 2/5
30) This Is Your Life - John O'Farrell 4/5
2) The Mile High Club - Kinky Friedman 2/5
3) A Caress of Twilight - Laurell K. Hamilton 3/5
As you can see, this was not a very productive month for me. I blame it on my husband. He gave me a new media player, and I have been spending my time loading it rather than reading.
My favorite read was This Is Your Life by John O'Farrell. This was truly laugh out loud British humor. I liked it so much that I am hoping to pick up more of his books soon. I am still enjoying Laurell K. Hamilton's Merry Gentry series on audio. Surprisingly, so is my husband.
Right now I am reading Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I am having trouble getting into it, though. I don't know if it is because I don't give myself enough time to read or if I am just not into it. I'm still giving it time to capture me.
Currently Reading: Rebecca's Tale by Sally Beauman
Next Up: Katherine by Anya Seton
Just Finished: Midnight Bayou - Nora Roberts 3/5
My name is Susan and I am a Blackberry Addict. :)
- I had a rather productive July. Hope my August is as much fun!
* Blood and Smoke by Stephen King
* Brother Odd by Dean Koontz
* Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic by Alison Bechdel
* Lost Laysen by Margaret Mitchell
* Lucasfilm's Alien Chronicles: The Golden One by Deborah Chester
* Lyra's Oxford by Philip Pullman
* Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
* MirrorMask- by Neil Gaiman and Dave Mckean
* Naked by David Sedaris (read already but listened to for first time)
* Odd Hours by Dean Koontz
* The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
* Simply Irresistible by Rachel Gibson
* Tales of the Vampires by Joss Whedon et. al.
* Tooth and Claw by T.C. Boyle
* Twilight by Stephanie Meyer- http://katekintailbc.livejournal.com/830.html
Also, I just started a new blog where I'll be posting my BookCrossing
news/photos/activities/thoughts as well as reviews of what I read:
Peace & Happy Reading,