July Reads (X-post)

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 42 , Aug 1 10:15 AM
      Read:
      29) The Last Cato - Matilde Asensi 2/5

      30) This Is Your Life - John O'Farrell 4/5

      Audios:
      2) The Mile High Club - Kinky Friedman 2/5

      3) A Caress of Twilight - Laurell K. Hamilton 3/5

      As you can see, this was not a very productive month for me. I blame it on my husband. He gave me a new media player, and I have been spending my time loading it rather than reading.

      My favorite read was This Is Your Life by John O'Farrell. This was truly laugh out loud British humor. I liked it so much that I am hoping to pick up more of his books soon. I am still enjoying Laurell K. Hamilton's Merry Gentry series on audio. Surprisingly, so is my husband.

      Right now I am reading Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I am having trouble getting into it, though. I don't know if it is because I don't give myself enough time to read or if I am just not into it. I'm still giving it time to capture me.

      Susan

      Currently Reading: Rebecca's Tale by Sally Beauman
      Next Up: Katherine by Anya Seton
      Just Finished: Midnight Bayou - Nora Roberts 3/5

      My name is Susan and I am a Blackberry Addict. :)
    • kmcdevit@vt.edu
      Message 42 of 42 , Aug 1 12:06 PM
        I had a rather productive July. Hope my August is as much fun!

        * Blood and Smoke by Stephen King
        * Brother Odd by Dean Koontz
        * Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic by Alison Bechdel
        * Lost Laysen by Margaret Mitchell
        * Lucasfilm's Alien Chronicles: The Golden One by Deborah Chester
        * Lyra's Oxford by Philip Pullman
        * Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
        * MirrorMask- by Neil Gaiman and Dave Mckean
        * Naked by David Sedaris (read already but listened to for first time)
        * Odd Hours by Dean Koontz
        * The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
        * Simply Irresistible by Rachel Gibson
        * Tales of the Vampires by Joss Whedon et. al.
        * Tooth and Claw by T.C. Boyle
        * Twilight by Stephanie Meyer- http://katekintailbc.livejournal.com/830.html

        Also, I just started a new blog where I'll be posting my BookCrossing
        news/photos/activities/thoughts as well as reviews of what I read:
        http://katekintailbc.livejournal.com/

        Peace & Happy Reading,
        KateKintail