ebooks

  • Sara Grant
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2004
      Granny Coy,
      I could be wrong, but I don't think you need a very
      sofisticated Palm in order to use most Ebooks. I used
      to read them very often on the subway into work
      because it was less unwieldly then dealing with a book
      on a crowded train. I think even with an old Palm
      III, which should be SUPER cheap nowadays on Ebay,
      you'd be fine.
      --Sarajenni
      (Of NY, NY for about 4 more days, then of Burlington, VT)

      =====
      See where my books are running at BookCrossing.com

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/
    • werelock@charter.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004
        granny Coy-
        I picked up a Palm 3xe (reconditioned) at overstocked.com for $79.
        with shipping and before the rebate. I'm sure there are some on E-
        bay for less.
        Now if I could find a free program, besides Adobe, that isn't tied
        to a e-book program...

        --- In BookCrossing@yahoogroups.com, Sara Grant <sarajenni@y...>

      • servalan@ar.com.au
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004
          werelock@... wrote:

          > I picked up a Palm 3xe (reconditioned) at overstocked.com for $79.
          > with shipping and before the rebate. I'm sure there are some on E-
          > bay for less.
          > Now if I could find a free program, besides Adobe, that isn't tied
          > to a e-book program...

          I'm not sure what you mean by tied, but try Pluckerbooks:

          http://dave.pluckerbooks.com:81/?action=view&page=about

          All free & the people who developed pluckerbooks are also very active
          volunteers for Distributed Proofreaders, which is the main source of
          ebooks for Project Gutenberg.

          I hope this helps,

          Distributed Proofreaders: http://www.pgdp.net
          DP Group Chat Room: pgdp@...