The Book Budget

  • Nathan Burgoine <n8an@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 36 , Jan 1, 2003
      How many of you operate with a book budget? I've decided I have to
      invoke my own again - this is something I always do once my "to be
      read" pile jumps above 15.

      Alas, a friend of mine moved to England, and dropped off four boxes
      of books, so my "to-be-read" pile is now, well, somewhere around 150
      (at least). So, from now until the time at which I drop back below
      15 titles unread (eep), I'm enforcing my 2:1 ratio: For every two
      books I read, I'm allowed to buy one.

      *sigh* It hurts us, it hurts us! Elves twisted it! ;)

      'Nathan
    • steph lewis
      Message 36 of 36 , Jan 11, 2003
        Hi Michelle, i didn't know about the project, but now I do, what a cool idea!!
        I've decided to proof read too
        Hope to hear (read?) more from you!
        Steph
        Michelle Marie <momofjt@...> wrote:
        Hi!
        I joined bookcrossings a few days ago and have been reading the messages here. I must say that I am happy but not surprised to find booklovers as such amicable email pals :) This is a very informative and pleasant list and the idea of bookcrossings is wonderful.
        I am going to release my first book today! Also, there has been talk of book boxes. Can I take part? Virtual or otherwise, I'm interested. :)
        One last thing. I volunteer for project gutenberg and thought that some of you might be interested. Here is the main page: www.gutenberg.net The easiest way to help out is to proofread online. Here is the page to get started: http://texts01.archive.org/dp/ Other than being a very grateful user and occasional proofreader I am not affiliated with project gutenberg and I don't get anything for telling the list about this. I hope it's okay that I am passing on this info. I know that they need the help and that some of you might be interested. It's also a great site to read some wonderful literature!

        Michelle
        (my username at bc is michellemarie)

        Books just wanna be FREE at http://bookcrossing.com!

        Help spread the word about BookCrossing by using our
        quick and easy Tell-A-Friend page:

        http://bookcrossing.com/tellafriend