NEW VidCast #63 - Karen Ruane Contemporary Embroidery

  • bmccaffe
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2011
      ***VidCast #63 - Karen Ruane Contemporary Embroidery
      http://bonniemccaffery.com/vidcasts/063.html
      Hand embroidery! ...Karen takes simple stitches and creates absolutely beautiful pieces. After we take a look at her work, she will demo a couple really cool techniques with fabric, paper, and embroidery stitches. I found her quite by accident while looking at blogs. Once you watch her, I'm sure you'll want to follow her blog too.
      http://karenruane.blogspot.com/

      As a result of UK trip, I'll be planning a trip to Europe in 2012/2013. If you have a group interested in having me come lecture and/or teach, the trans-Atlantic flight is on me. Please have your program person send me an email at bonnie@....

      Florida was fantastic. Another trip is planned to Florida February 2012. If you're in a southern guild, you just might want to pass the info on to your program person. I have several places scheduled and the airfare will be shared...making me a good deal, ha, ha...

      ******TRAVELS****** -

      October 2011
      10/13-15 MQX, Portland, OR
      http://www.mqxshow.com/MQX/West/Home/index.cfm
      WORKSHOP - Painted Face for Beginners - complete kit provided
      WORKSHOP - Fantasy Fabric Tree Fairy

      10/27 - 11/4 International Quilt Festival, Houston, TX
      I will be doing a Schoolhouse on DoodleZenDotZ, a Take & Teach, and demoing in YLI's booth at Quilt Market. Please stop by and let me know what you think of the VidCasts.
      I will also be filming at Festival. If you have a quilt in the show, I'd love to get a photo of you with your quilt. You'll have to catch me when I'm traveling around with my camera...

      FUTURE TRIPS - If you belong to a guild in these areas, let the program person know I'll be in the area. It's a great way for guild to save money by sharing expenses.
      Florida - February 2012
      Virginia (Delaware, eastern Pennsylvania, West Virginia) - March 2012
      North Carolina - April 2012 and maybe July 2012
      Massachusetts - April 2012
      Kansas City, Missouri for Quilt Market - May 2012
      Pennsylvania - several trips...
      EUROPE (UK, Ireland, Scotland...)- August 2012

      Lasts months VidCast reached a record high of over 7300 views. Please tell your friends and guild members about the VidCastsÂ…I would love it to grow even BIGGER this month. Please spread the word about the
      VidCasts...announce it in the guilds newsletter, mention it on any lists you participate in, tell your friends. Thank you for helping me make this a great success. You'll also find me on Facebook...

      Be sure to take a look at Lyric Kinard's DVD "Bead It Like You Mean It!" available on her website
      http://www.lyrickinard.com/bead_it_like_you_mean_it_.html
      When you order your DVD, tell her Bonnie sent you!

      Thanks for watching.....
      Enjoy,
      Bonnie

      Bonnie Lyn McCaffery