A moment for the Columbia

  • Captain Bob RM
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1 10:20 AM
      It is with great sadness that the Officers and Men of
      HMS Trincomalee take a moment to remember those
      Astronauts of the Space Shuttle Columbia lost this
      morning over Texas. Their courage, sacrifice, and
      devotion will be remembered as long as I live.

      Let us all keep the families in our hearts and pray
      they may find comfort in this time of sorrow.

      Major Bob RM
      <Raises a salute>

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • "Cookie" Goose <millymolly80@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1 10:48 AM
        --- In Bolitho@yahoogroups.com, Captain Bob RM <captbobrm@y...> wrote:
        > It is with great sadness that the Officers and Men of
        > HMS Trincomalee take a moment to remember those
        > Astronauts of the Space Shuttle Columbia lost this
        > morning over Texas. Their courage, sacrifice, and
        > devotion will be remembered as long as I live.
        >
        > Let us all keep the families in our hearts and pray
        > they may find comfort in this time of sorrow.
        >
        > Major Bob RM
        > <Raises a salute>

        ....... I pray for their repose and for the comfort of their
        families.

        Mary
      • tonybutler2003 <tony.butler0@talk21.com>
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1 2:10 PM
          wrote:
          > It is with great sadness that the Officers and Men of
          > HMS Trincomalee take a moment to remember those
          > Astronauts of the Space Shuttle Columbia lost this
          > morning over Texas. Their courage, sacrifice, and
          > devotion will be remembered as long as I live.
          >
          > Let us all keep the families in our hearts and pray
          > they may find comfort in this time of sorrow.
          >
          > Major Bob RM
          > <Raises a salute>

          The captain and crew of HMS Bodmin would like to second those
          sentiments. I only hope that this tragedy will not bring space
          exploration to an untimely end. Please remember that there is no
          gain without pain, and that the endeavours to push out the extent of
          mankinds knowledge past the present boundaries has often resulted in
          tragedies, that is the price that must be paid. What makes it so
          tragic is that they were only sixteen minutes from safety.
          Commodore Tony
          Standing in silent tribute.
        • James Goddard
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1 3:07 PM
            The Captain, Officers and Crew of HMS Maestro would like to send their deepest sympethies and condolencies to the families of the Crew of the Space shuttle Columbia on their loss of loved ones.

            These brave men and women sail a different sea to our internet fleet and sailors round the world who sail the real sea, and it is their pioneering spirit that should not be forgotten or lost.

            I think that the seven brave crew of Columbia would like the space shuttle programme to go on as normal to ensure that their courage, bravery and loss was not in vain.

            Captain Sir James Kt MC.....
            HMS Maestro (74)
            North Sea Squadron

            Hove to with colours at half mast and the Stars and Stripes on the Mizzen as a mark of respect to the fallen.
          • Capt. Pat <pick1786@hotmail.com>
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 1 6:45 PM
              HMS's Fundys officers and men, likewise, send their condolences and
              sympathies to the families and friends of those lost aboard the
              shuttle Columbia this morning. Its a tragic end to many firsts,
              among them the first Israeli in space, an IAF Colonel of some renown,
              and the first India-born woman in space, both lost when the shuttle
              broke up.

              I read tonight on CNN that there have been some remains found, and I
              hope that somehow this might bring a measure of closure to the
              families, to know that their loved ones rest in peace.

              Capt. Pat
              HMS Fundy, 40
              Yards acockbill

              --- In Bolitho@yahoogroups.com, "James Goddard" <snapdragonxxx@h...>

            • SEDisorder@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 2 7:42 AM
                Amen
                Karen

              • Simon
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 2 8:34 AM
                  I have just returned home from an evening fishing session on a cold cloudless night in Start Bay, where I was watching with awe at some of the meteorites/shooting stars - spectacular under a moonless sky.
                  Then to return and see the images on TV of the skies above Texas - How can 2 similar visions evoke such differing emotions!!!!????

                  I echo the sentiments already posted

                  Capt Simon

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 3 5:19 AM
                    As do the Officers & Crew of HMS Tigger.

                    Capt. Jim

                    sentto-55237-8888-1044203667-jbecker=storycounty.com@...

                    02/02/03 10:34 AM
                    Please respond to Bolitho

                            To:        Bolitho@yahoogroups.com
                            cc:
                            Subject:        Re: Re: [Bolitho] Re: A moment for the Columbia

                    I have just returned home from an evening fishing session on a cold cloudless night in Start Bay, where I was watching with awe at some of the meteorites/shooting stars - spectacular under a moonless sky.
                    Then to return and see the images on TV of the skies above Texas - How can 2 similar visions evoke such differing emotions!!!!????

                    I echo the sentiments already posted

                    Capt Simon

                    > From: SEDisorder@...
                    > Date: Sun 02/Feb/2003 15:42 GMT
                    > To: Bolitho@yahoogroups.com
                    > Subject: Re: [Bolitho] Re: A moment for the Columbia
                    >
                    > Amen
                    > Karen

                    Freeserve AnyTime - Go online whenever you want for just £6.99 a month for
                    your first 3 months, that's HALF PRICE! And then it's just £13.99 a month
                    after that.

                    For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on
                    0800 970 8890

                  • ALEX POU
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 3 7:07 PM

                      The officer and crew of HM Sloop Firefly join you ,

                      salute.

                      >From: Captain Bob RM
                      >To: bolitho@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: [Bolitho] A moment for the Columbia
                      >Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 10:20:04 -0800 (PST)
                      >
                      >It is with great sadness that the Officers and Men of
                      >HMS Trincomalee take a moment to remember those
                      >Astronauts of the Space Shuttle Columbia lost this
                      >morning over Texas. Their courage, sacrifice, and
                      >devotion will be remembered as long as I live.
                      >
                      >Let us all keep the families in our hearts and pray
                      >they may find comfort in this time of sorrow.
                      >
                      >Major Bob RM

                      >http://mailplus.yahoo.com

                    • ALEX POU
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 3 7:09 PM

                        Very well said, Sir

                        >The captain and crew of HMS Bodmin would like to second those
                        >sentiments. I only hope that this tragedy will not bring space
                        >exploration to an untimely end. Please remember that there is no
                        >gain without pain, and that the endeavours to push out the extent of
                        >mankinds knowledge past the present boundaries has often resulted in
                        >tragedies, that is the price that must be paid. What makes it so
                        >tragic is that they were only sixteen minutes from safety.
                        >Commodore Tony
                        >Standing in silent tribute.

                      • Mark Gutis
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 3 9:10 PM

                          The officers and crew of HMS Erie offer their silent salute and prayers.

                          "Keep 'em flying, blessed St. Leibowitz."

                          Capt. Mark G.
                          HMS Erie (38)