Re: Naval Gazette

  • "Cookie" Goose <cookie@members.v21.co.uk>
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2003
      --- In Bolitho@yahoogroups.com, "Capt. Pat <pick1786@h...>"
      <pick1786@h...> wrote:
      > Spelling may not have been one of my NY's Resolutions, but this
      was...

      > The Naval Gazette, chronicling the Bolitho Squadron, is now up and
      > running. It can be viewed at http://gazette.cjb.net Right now it
      > is in primitive form, and will be updated regularly. Any
      suggestions
      > etc can be made to me at pick1786@h...
      >
      > Capt. Pat
      > HMS Fundy, 40

      .......brilliant, Captain, simply brilliant ....... well done!

      - Cookie -
      Flag Captain
      HMS Odin (74)
      Halifax
    • Capt. Pat <pick1786@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2003
        Oh, yes, on other thing, ma'am. Its easier to spell! :-P

        --- In Bolitho@yahoogroups.com, "\"Cookie\" Goose <cookie@m...>"

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2003
          ......LOL.....

          - Cookie -

          <pick1786@h...> wrote:
          > Oh, yes, on other thing, ma'am. Its easier to spell! :-P
          >

          > --- In Bolitho@yahoogroups.com, "\"Cookie\" Goose <cookie@m...>"
          > <cookie@m...> wrote:
          > > --- In Bolitho@yahoogroups.com, "Capt. Pat <pick1786@h...>"
          > > <pick1786@h...> wrote:
          > > > Spelling may not have been one of my NY's Resolutions, but this
          > > was...
          > > >
          > > > The Naval Gazette, chronicling the Bolitho Squadron, is now up
          > and
          > > > running. It can be viewed at http://gazette.cjb.net Right
          now
          > it
          > > > is in primitive form, and will be updated regularly. Any
          > > suggestions
          > > > etc can be made to me at pick1786@h...
          > > >
          > > > Capt. Pat
          > > > HMS Fundy, 40
          > >

          > > .......brilliant, Captain, simply brilliant ....... well done!
          > >
          > > - Cookie -
          > > Flag Captain
          > > HMS Odin (74)
          > > Halifax
        • Captain Bob RM
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 1, 2003
            Well Done Captain Pat!!! I look forward to reading
            future editions.

            Major Bob
            HMS Trincomalee

            --- "Capt. Pat <pick1786@...>"
            <pick1786@...> wrote:
            > Spelling may not have been one of my NY's
            > Resolutions, but this was...
            >
            > The Naval Gazette, chronicling the Bolitho Squadron,
            > is now up and
            > running. It can be viewed at
            > http://gazette.cjb.net Right now it
            > is in primitive form, and will be updated regularly.
            > Any suggestions
            > etc can be made to me at pick1786@....
            >
            > Capt. Pat
            > HMS Fundy, 40

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com
          • Robert Squarebriggs
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 1, 2003
              Well done Captain, very nice. Love the format. The picture of the American
              44 is well done, must be the Retribution just before Sir Richard took her?

              Keep up the good work.

              I remain.................

              Admiral Sir Robert

            • SEDisorder@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 1, 2003
                ANy plans for  describing Sir Richard's exploits, or any of those of the other "officail" Happy Few?
                Karen

              • simon@nobbs1956.fsnet.co.uk
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 1, 2003
                  Well done Pat, very impressive, I look forward to the next edition, but dont you think you ought to get out a bit more!!!! :-)
                  Simon

                  > From: "Capt. Pat <pick1786@...>" <pick1786@...>
                  > Date: Wed 01/Jan/2003 07:51 GMT
                  > To: Bolitho@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: [Bolitho] Naval Gazette

                  Freeserve AnyTime - Go online whenever you want for just £6.99 a month for
                  your first 3 months, that's HALF PRICE! And then it's just £13.99 a month
                  after that.

                  For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on
                  0800 970 8890
                • ALEX POU
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 1, 2003
                    Very nice Sir.

                    >From: "Capt. Pat <pick1786@...>" <pick1786@...>
                    >To: Bolitho@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: [Bolitho] Naval Gazette
                    >Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 07:51:09 -0000
                    >
                    >Spelling may not have been one of my NY's Resolutions, but this was...
                    >
                    >The Naval Gazette, chronicling the Bolitho Squadron, is now up and
                    >running. It can be viewed at http://gazette.cjb.net Right now it
                    >is in primitive form, and will be updated regularly. Any suggestions
                    >etc can be made to me at pick1786@....
                    >
                    >Capt. Pat
                    >HMS Fundy, 40

                  • Mark Furrer
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 5, 2003
                      Capt Pat,

                      As I sit amongst a pile of dispatches and paperwork that require my
                      attention; I come across the first copy print of your Naval Gazette. A
                      slendid job you have done, so much that I look forward to the next edition.
                      Your efforts in bringing out the news are appreciated.
                      Fair Winds to you sir.

                      Capt Mark F.
                      HMS Diamond (40)
                      North American Station
                      Halifax

                      Please do not feed the pidgeon much for she will have a long flight back
                      after finding you in the Atlantic somewhere.