Bolitho Saga Database

  • Donkiote7@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2002
      Deck There,

      New posting sighted. I have just posted my version of the Bolitho Saga Database for Sloop of War in the files section. This one is a bit different from the existing few already posted. I tried to follow the example once posted by someone else (Captain Mark G. - I think) I used the indexing capability of Microsoft Word and you'll notice the data is in alphabetical order.

      The advantage of this, I've discovered, is that all volumes could be kept in one document. A simple code in the data section would indicate which book the information comes from. SOW for Sloop of War for example. SID for Stand Into Danger etc etc. A number after the name would indicate which volume or volumes that name appears in - 10-21 would indicate volumes 10 through 21 inclusive. 10,12,15,21-24 would indicate that this name appears in volumes 10-12-15 and 21 through 24.

      Anyway that's my contribution to the database idea. I would be more than willing to maintain this DB. Lord knows I have plenty of time. Lady Anne would you be willing to continue keeping track of who is outlineing which volume.
      Cheers, Capt Don Kiote

    • nativtxn55
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2002
        Most certainly, sir. I have nothing new to report in this regard save
        that Capt. Cookie, conscientious captain that she is, has put duty
        ahead of pleasure reading and has asked to be released from her
        it open for another crew member to claim. Any takers?
        I remain
        Your obedient, etc.
        Lady Anne

        http://webmail.netscape.com/