Re: [Bolitho] OT - The return of Snaps christmas -

  • James Goddard
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 1, 2011
      Come on folks

      A bit of christmas fun. I would like ideas for a present or visitor that could cause mayhem, chaos, embarrasment and anything else that could cause damage, and general hilarious sillyness during the festive season.

      Dave has had an excellent couple of ideas I have added more to them thanks to a hysterical conversation on teamspeak so come on folks. contribute, contribute, contribute.

      Cap’n Sir James

    • meredith lahmann
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 1, 2011
        OK, how about this for a guest list?

          Your parents are newly divorced. You invite them both, and each shows up with a partner....the partners happen to be married to each other but each thought the other was traveling on business.
           Your gay son shows up with his new partner: it's your parish priest.
           Your younger sister decides it's gotten too cold to keep Occupying Wall Street. She and five of her compatriots should up not having bathed now in a few months and are also reeking of pepper spray. (You husband is a stock broker)
            Your aunt and uncle, always a difficult couple, arrive with Auntie wearing an Obama, Hope and Change shirt while the other has a Ron Paul for President button on his lapel.
            Your cousin comes late just as you are putting the turkey on the table, and she has recently joined PETA.
            That's a group that should have some interesting dinner conversation.

        Meredith Lahmann

        "The battle is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." --Patrick Henry

        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 1, 2011
          this example shows the merits of the rules of the officer's mess in the British army and how a charming Christmas could be had with this particular group.

          Topics of discussion off limits in the mess:

          Religion
          Politics
          Professional matters (like tactics, strategy, etc)
          Wives/girlfriends (probably expanded now to include all possible permutations).

          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 1, 2011
            Meredith has offered some interesting ideas which I may change. to fit in with what has happened on previous christmasses.

            If anyone would like to re-read the previous offerings then please look on the website, also I can provide links to the posts if people wish.

            Bill is correct. There are rules for discussions in the officers mess on topics that are person non grata in the mess, but as the evening wears on and the alcohol flows some topics eventually do turn up!

            Snaps Christmas is starting to take shape and the Christmas eve party looks set for a right dust up!

            Ok chaps. What can santa and his evil little helpers deliver that could cause mayhem, chaos and the maximum of damage and embarrasment?

            Cap’n Sir James

            HMS Maestro, North Sea Station

            ......AAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 1, 2011
              Perhaps you could explain this whole thing a little more clearly for people who weren't part of the group some years ago.
              Mer

              Meredith Lahmann

              "The battle is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." --Patrick Henry

              A bit of christmas fun. I would like ideas for a present or visitor that could cause mayhem, chaos, embarrasment and anything else that could cause damage, and general hilarious sillyness during the festive season.

              Dave has had an excellent couple of ideas I have added more to them thanks to a hysterical conversation on teamspeak so come on folks. contribute, contribute, contribute.

              Cap’n Sir James

            • jim davis
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 1, 2011
                i would not heat them as i would be in the garage waiting for my chines take out.
                Jim D

                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 1, 2011
                  OF course I will Meredith.

                  A few years back, as a bit of fun and off topic between at christmas I posted an alternative and totally fictional account of my christmas’ under the title “Snaps Christmas Rant” It is purely aimed at just being fun and a total laugh at my expense!

                  I originally posted these on a different group that I was a member of and I put them on here so everyone could have a laugh.

                  So, everyone have a read and a giggle. The object is to get everyone to suggest an object, present or something that would cause hilarity, mayhem, chaos and destruction. So in a way you are all involved by giving me something to incorporate. Of course I reserve the right to leave something out if I either can’t use it or it may offend somebody, but generally I try not to do that and say that I hope that nobody is offended and if so I do apologise beforehand and say that it is not in anyway meant to offend and is just a bit of fun and a joke!!!

                  Having put sea boot firmly in mouth....

                  On with the suggestions – come on folks lets have a bit of christmas fun!

                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 1, 2011
                    Thanks, that makes it a little clearer. I'm going to follow those links.

                    Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 5:53 PM

                    Perhaps you could explain this whole thing a little more clearly for people who weren't part of the group some years ago.

                    Meredith Lahmann

                    "The battle is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." --Patrick Henry

                  • Bronwyn Tindall
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 2, 2011

                      Chiming in here.i vaguley rember my midshipmen from out role plau days stole some indgreidents from the christmas pudding.

                      I did enjoy those days and learnt heaps at the same time.i could never of dona stuffy by the book officer who stuck to correct topics in the mess.

                      Bronwyn

                      Known has midshipmen benjham tindall in those long ago days.

                      Bronwyn

                      A bit of christmas fun. I would like ideas for a present or visitor that could cause mayhem, chaos, embarrasment and anything else that could cause damage, and general hilarious sillyness during the festive season.

                      Dave has had an excellent couple of ideas I have added more to them thanks to a hysterical conversation on teamspeak so come on folks. contribute, contribute, contribute.

                      Cap’n Sir James

                      __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6676 (20111201) __________

                      http://www.eset.com

                    • the7970
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 8, 2011
                        I'm new to this but it looks a good game - I once had a xmas house guest turn up at 07h00 instead of 19h00 due to a misunderstanding involving the 24hour clock... I can heartily recommend the incredible level of chaos this single event caused!