cheesy advertising

  • m_lahmann
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1 7:55 AM
      I notice that the cheesy advertisments don't appear here on the website, but I've been getting ads labeled with the Bolitho group address in my email. I assume others are having the problem also. If they can be eliminated on the website, why are we still getting them? I'm afraid that if I list them as spam, I won't get the legitimate messages. Any advice as what to do?
    • Brian
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1 9:09 AM
        I,Ve been labeling them as spam and risking not receiving legit messages.

        From: "m_lahmann" <m_lahmann@...>
        Sender: Bolitho@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 14:55:09 -0000
        To: <Bolitho@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: Bolitho@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [Bolitho] cheesy advertising

        I notice that the cheesy advertisments don't appear here on the website, but I've been getting ads labeled with the Bolitho group address in my email. I assume others are having the problem also. If they can be eliminated on the website, why are we still getting them? I'm afraid that if I list them as spam, I won't get the legitimate messages. Any advice as what to do?

      • meredith lahmann
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1 12:04 PM
          Let me know how that works out Brian, ok? As it is I miss how lively our group used to be, so I hesitate to miss any messages that do come. It is annoying to get that junk though. It completely took over another site that I used to visit.
          Mer

          From: "m_lahmann" <m_lahmann@...>
          Sender: Bolitho@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 14:55:09 -0000
          To: <Bolitho@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: Bolitho@yahoogroups.com

          I notice that the cheesy advertisments don't appear here on the website, but I've been getting ads labeled with the Bolitho group address in my email. I assume others are having the problem also. If they can be eliminated on the website, why are we still getting them? I'm afraid that if I list them as spam, I won't get the legitimate messages. Any advice as what to do?

        • jim davis
          Message 4 of 11 , May 1 1:29 PM
            because spammers steal addressbooks and sender addresses.  Then they send you spam that looks like its from a trusted source.  I get crap from a cuxin and two friend s that they dont send.
            There are rules agains tthis , but they sare sledom caught.
            Rigging a grating for these SOB's would help.
            Jim D

            Message 5 of 11 , May 1 1:34 PM
              not half as annoying as the 6-15 phone calls i get daily that just og bzz bzz and hang up after i have limped in to the phone on the chance its my wife or daughter.

              Jim D

              From: "m_lahmann" <m_lahmann@...>
              Sender: Bolitho@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 14:55:09 -0000
              To: <Bolitho@yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 11 , May 1 3:15 PM
                I keep a coaches whistle by the phone and blow it as hard as I can when unwanted callers bug me! I understand that it is quite painful on the other end.

                From: "m_lahmann" <m_lahmann@...>
                Sender: Bolitho@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 14:55:09 -0000
                To: <Bolitho@yahoogroups.com>
                ReplyTo: Bolitho@yahoogroups.com

                I notice that the cheesy advertisments don't appear here on the website, but I've been getting ads labeled with the Bolitho group address in my email. I assume others are having the problem also. If they can be eliminated on the website, why are we still getting them? I'm afraid that if I list them as spam, I won't get the legitimate messages. Any advice as what to do?

              • Brian Ruby
                Message 7 of 11 , May 1 6:45 PM
                  These messages go to my Yahoo account, which allows you to look at what the program deems is spam before manually deleting it, so I can pick out the legit messages.   The whistle sounds like a great idea.

                  From: "m_lahmann" <m_lahmann@...>
                  Sender: Bolitho@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 14:55:09 -0000
                  To: <Bolitho@yahoogroups.com>
                  ReplyTo: Bolitho@yahoogroups.com

                  I notice that the cheesy advertisments don't appear here on the website, but I've been getting ads labeled with the Bolitho group address in my email. I assume others are having the problem also. If they can be eliminated on the website, why are we still getting them? I'm afraid that if I list them as spam, I won't get the legitimate messages. Any advice as what to do?

                • herewardsgal1
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 1 10:55 PM
                    Those posts did originally appear on the website but I removed them, seemingly before you got to your email due to the time difference between you and I. To boot, I adjusted the posters settings so that any messages from them now have to be moderated.

                    That should also now solve your problem of your receiving them via email

                    All should now be well.

                    - Cookie
                    aka ....

                    --- In Bolitho@yahoogroups.com, "m_lahmann" <m_lahmann@...> wrote:

                    > I notice that the cheesy advertisments don't appear here on the website, but I've been getting ads labeled with the Bolitho group address in my email. I assume others are having the problem also. If they can be eliminated on the website, why are we still getting them? I'm afraid that if I list them as spam, I won't get the legitimate messages. Any advice as what to do?

                  • the7970
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 2 4:24 AM
                      Thanks for dealing with that quickly; it is such a pestilence.
                      An answering machine helps with the duff phonecalls, and at least means you don't have to rush to get there... I like that whistle idea though!

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 2 7:56 AM
                        Thank you, Cookie. Well done!

                        Message 11 of 11 , May 2 11:19 AM
                          (="